A little offer

ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

Abitha was out smoking a cigarette, placing it between her lips with a dissatisfied grumble. She was on watch again, and those memories simply came back after thinking' about the prior night.

Estrella's sister could not possibly be Vanya, as she says. Because her sister is the same height as Abitha, she lacked the traits the princess possessed: her enthusiasm, her lovely demeanor, and her unusually colored eyes.

Even if she had taken Abitha into her arms, it was not the same. Even the way Vanya peered down at her, it wasn't the same gentleness in her eyes, and Abitha tried her, tested her by uttering a part of the truth coupled with a portion of the lie.

She had attempted to appear vulnerable, as vulnerable as her placid nature would allow her, and given how well she had bought it, there was little possibility of her being Vanya. Truthfully, Abitha nearly believed it for a second, but she must not trust such falsehoods.

She had said that Abitha had grown, but her eyes weren't even looking at her in those green orbs.

She hadn't seen anything; Vanya wouldn't have said that, but instead, she would have reached behind her ear and tucked her white locks behind it, gazing down at her with that gentleness nestled behind those golden eyes.

But that was just a child, messing around and enjoying that she was spending time around older people.

And if that really was Vanya, she clearly just made the compliment so Abitha would feel a bit different, but in reality, she hadn't really seen anything since her hand was still reaching down as if Abitha were seven years old again.

She did not see Abitha the way she is now.

She still saw that small girl with white hair and a calm presence.

But Abitha hadn't seen Vanya either, and she could not remember anyone else except for the curly-haired blonde who kept grinning at her so infectiously sweet and kept talking all day long to her so that Abitha would just sit and listen to her quietly.

Vanya's image in Abitha's mind was frozen in time, forever young and carefree. It was a comforting thought, a reminder of simpler days filled with innocent joy.

Abitha has grown older; she is sixteen.

But Vanya remained a seven-year-old.

Abitha huffed, annoyed. She threw the cigarette off the cliff and took another from the packet Beverly had brought her today. She almost finished the whole package because of how frustrated she was the whole day.

Beverly was absolutely depressed today, and Abitha was not an asshole to force her to train or shit like that; she just gave her a big, fucking comforting hug and listened to her friend's problems.

Her friend had gone missing, and Abitha took note of that. Henry must be behind it all, and she will surely get it checked once things calm down a bit, because Henry would not kill someone with fire powers.

Not at all.

Abitha wasn't rushing it. Beverly's friend had to be alive; Henry would most definitely keep her alive for his own purposes. She was waiting for the right moment to strike.

She exhaled the smoke and licked her dry lips, gazing up at the night sky, dangling her feet in the air.

"Oh, Henry," she whispered quietly. "You won't even know what's going to strike you." She inhaled the smoke and felt her lungs clench at the sensation. "You're going to curse your own days when I get to you." Abitha knew that revenge would be sweet.