Liliana

Estrella was laughing perhaps too loudly, and Archie had seen that his sister and Vanya had fallen asleep. His blue eyes widened for a bare second as she realized that Abihta was hugging Estrella's younger sister, her arm draped respectfully around her torso, holding her gently against her chest.

Archie felt the corner of his lips tug into a smile, reaching for Estrella's arm and leaning up to whisper something to her. "Be quiet," he breathed out, his tone low as he watched her green eyes that seemed to glow under the moon. "We'll wake them up." Estrella nodded, still chuckling softly as she leaned in closer to Archie. "I can't help it; Abihta's just so sweet with her," she whispered back, her own eyes flickering with amusement.

Archie nodded swiftly, his grin so genuine and warm as she gazed at his sister. "Abi's always been sweet." He concluded as he whispered softly, looking up at Estrella's face. His blue irises were so soft, like a wave that would calmly roll over the sand on a peaceful beach.

Estrella parted her lips slightly, feeling the blood in her veins course through her head when she saw his side profile. When he turned his head to gaze and smirk slightly at his older sister, Estrella leaned closer subtly, her eyes raking over his pointed ears, gliding down to his chiseled jaw, to his pointy and small nose, to his clear pale skin, and to those white curls that fell onto his eyes. She could feel the urge to reach out and run her fingers through his soft hair, to tug it towards her and have him closer.

She clicked her tongue when gazing at those pale lips of his, which formed a small, cheeky smile, the dimples in his cheeks showing adorably. Her ears were deafened by the continuous beating of her heart, seemingly hearing no sound as she found herself lost in his mesmerizing features.

Her breath seemed to stutter in her throat as she struggled to remain sane in his ethereal presence. But, oh, does such a witty vampire as she gets tamed so easily by his grace?

But, oh god, his beauty was otherworldly.

Little did Estrella know who Archie was or who Abitha was. Who they both were. She hadn't fallen for just a peasant, a runaway vampire; no, he was so much more than that.

They were the commander's children, the only reminder of the old rule, of the old times, of the peaceful and powerful times, of the joyous memories of the vampire kind. Both held the grace of their father, but mostly Abitha, having been gifted with his vivacious strength and elegant personality.

Archie was like their mother; she had worked as a nurse for the queen's army; he had been born with her beautiful blue eyes, her kind demeanor, her warm features, and a part of her soul. Together, they represented a balance of power and kindness that wasn't rare among their kind when the queen was still alive. Abitha was fierce and determined, always ready to protect the ones she cared for at all costs. Archie, on the other hand, was gentle and nurturing, not as rational or as much of a fighter.

But Estrella did not know that.

He was just a peasant boy in her eyes.

"I want to show you something." Archie looped his arm around Estrella's and pulled her up, dragging him with her to the cabin, but not before grabbing a blanket from the children and placing it on top of his sister and Vanya.

He hummed quietly when he entered his room with Estrella behind him, holding her hand tightly with his fingers. He reached for an old notebook, which had been lost in time, and told Estrella to sit down. He crawled onto the empty spot near her and opened the notebook.

"I've always used to write when I was little. I still do."

Estrella leaned down to read the words on the first page, written ten years ago.