A hug that made her whole again.

"Awh! I'm so upset; we've got to go!" Estrella pouted, her shoulders drooping as she kept her head low. Her face ached. Vanya raised an eyebrow, her hands in her pockets, as she frowned at her. It was uncommon for her sibling to act that immature.

Archie beamed, reaching for an embrace and rubbing her back comfortingly. "You'll come another time, don't worry." He said it tenderly, holding her body as delicately as he could, then kept his hands on her shoulders, peering up at her with his gentle blue eyes. "You can come anytime you want." Estrella let out a sigh, leaning into Archie's embrace for a moment before pulling away with a small smile. "Okay, okay," she muttered, attempting to shrug off her disappointment. She gazed down at the white-haired boy and beamed at him, her green eyes smoldering as they analyzed his features. "Thank you for having us."

Archie took her hand, bringing it gently up to his lips and placing a small kiss on the back of it. "It's our pleasure to have you here, Princess." Estrella felt a warm blush rise to her cheekbones, and her fingers entwined at her sides, her mouth barely open in astonishment. She wasn't used to this, despite being raised at the palace. All of Henry's pals would usually ask her about war strategy and things like such, but never...never treat her like royalty. Archie continued to hold her hand, his gaze sincere and compassionate. "I'll wait for you at the quarry if you want to come here. It's perilous to walk alone during the night." She nodded slowly, unable to conceal the smile that was spreading across her face.

Abitha simply glanced at them over her shoulder, gazing somewhat piercingly at Estrella, giving her a subtle warning. But yet, when she saw how bewildered her eyes were, she looked away, somewhere in the forest.

"She's not dying, Archie."

The boy chuckled softly, giving his older sister a thumbs up. "I know, I know." Abitha nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. She put her hands into her pockets and pressed her lips together, clicking her tongue awkwardly. She shivered quite a bit, but she seemed to warm up when she tugged the hoodie closer to her small body.

"Take them home. It's too cold."

Archie nodded, listening soundly to his sister. His boots splashed in the small puddles as he jogged to Abitha and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Will you take Beverly home?"

Abitha exhaled. She glanced at Estrella with a lackadaisical expression. "Are guards patrolling the area at night?" She inquired skeptically, her eyebrows furrowed together as Estrella nodded a bit dubious. "Sometimes."

Abitha shifted her shoulders. "Seterra will take ginger curls home. I'm coming with you three." Abitha's decision to accompany them startled Estrella, but she didn't query it. Instead, they followed her through the dark woods, with her guiding the way. Vanya held Estrella's hand because she was afraid of the dark, but it seemed like the twins were already used to it. As they proceeded deeper into the woods, the moonlight diffused through the dense canopy above, casting ominous silhouettes on the forest floor. The occasional cry of an owl or rustle of foliage made Vanya startle, but Abitha's unwavering presence gave her a sense of security.

They departed somewhere near the periphery of the town.

"There's no guard tonight. "

Abitha looked at Estrella over her shoulder and nodded, covering her head with her hood, gazing at Archie, and making him do the same.

"Why are you hiding yourselves?"

Abitha didn't answer and kept walking towards the palace.

They stopped at the front gate, and Archie's lips fell into an exclamation in astonishment. "Woah. I never imagined it was so large." He was gazing up as a little child would, his blue eyes dilated in fascination. Estrella glanced at her parent's window and observed that the lights were shuttered. They were not at the palace.