The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

"please go to sleep, I'll sing Rasputin at this point if it makes you two go to sleep" Elle begs.

It's a running joke in the Solokov family. According to Elle's grandmother, Elle's father would only fall asleep as a baby to Rasputin. So Elle's paternal grandmother decided to sing the song she grow sick of as often as she can. Now the entire family hates the song, even the twins and Max who never met their grandmother hate the song. 

It's in their genes at this point and the babies cry harder when Elle mentions the title of the song.

"I know, I know, I won't sing it" Elle coos.

She's been up for the past two days because Sasha and Dashia refuse to sleep. At first, no one noticed her lack of sleep because no one at the station really cares about her at all. But Lopez noticed when Elle tried to fire an empty gun. It was a common mistake but not for Elle who is really good with guns and Lopez scolded her and threatened to write a blue page if it ever happened again.

Elle can't afford a blue page, she might as well quit and she really needs this income. 

She can't blame the babies for crying, they miss their parents. Their parents who dumped them on their aunts door and ran off into the night. Last Elle heard, her brother and sister-in-law are living their best life in the Bahamas, but who knows, they're constantly traveling.

"please, pretty please, I need you to sleep" Elle is begging at this point but they just won't stop crying.

[Four Hours Later]

Her coffee is not doing much to keep her alert and awake, thankfully while her mind is exhausted, her body has managed to go through the motions pretty well. She even perked up when Captain Anderson entered roll call, like she's supposed to do.

"Captain. How can we help you?" Grey asks when Anderson enters.

"First off, I wanted to welcome Tim Bradford back. If you need anything, you let me know." Anderson starts.

"Yes, ma'am." Bradford nods.

"Secondly, we just got some new intel on our zombies. Turns out that they're responsible for a rash of armed robberies in the last six months, always disguised differently. Detectives want to get the two in custody to flip on their partners at large, but there is no guarantee, so don't stop hunting. Finally, we got a request for a civil standby. Turns out somebody's getting fired from a tech job. Supervisor's worried things may not go right." Anderson finishes.

"Babysitting a termination: a patrol officer's favorite assignment. So, who shall I bless with it?" Grey says, obviously going to choose Nolan.

Nolan raises his hand.

"Officer Nolan, are you volunteering?" Grey questions.

"Just embracing the inevitable, sir." Nolan replies.

"Smart man. Get the address from Dispatch. That's it." Grey nods, dismissing them.

[One Hour Later]

"Seven-Adam-07, we got a noise complaint at 6 Sierra St. apartment number 742" Dispatch says over the radio.

Elle freezes, that's her apartment.

"Seven-Adam-07, responding" Lopez responds, not noticing Elle's reaction.

They arrive quickly and as they walk up the steps to her apartment, Elle can hear the sound of the twins crying. Elle curses internally. Once they reach her floor, they find Maya arguing with the woman who lives across the hall from them.

"Elle! Thank god! This bitch is complaining about the twins" Maya exclaims, spotting Elle.

This earns her looks from both Lopez and Jackson but Elle tries to ignore.