Chapter 2

Another update....😁
______________________________________

Abhimanyu's Pov:

I don't know why did Dadu called me so early at home. I remember informing Maa that I'll be late.

I was stressed since morning because of the load of work. I had to complete it at all cost today but....

Anyways, Parking my car, I headed towards the haveli. I climbed the stairs and entred from the main gate and made my way towards hall hoping to see Dadu there.

I entred the hall and found not just Dadu but everyone sitting together.

What's wrong ??? I can clearly read the nervousness on their faces. Is there something I need to know ???

I walked forward and my footsteps echoed in the hall. All the eyes landed on me. I touched the elders' feet and greeted them and then sat on the empty seat left for me.

"Dadu, you wanted to talk ???"

I asked and he shifted a little in his seat before clearing his throat.

"Yes, I had to talk that is why I called you early today."

I nodded and waited for him to tell me what was it but he stayed silent so I chose to speak up.

"Ji dadu, What did you wanted to talk about ? I'm listening."

My voice automatically became a little heavier as I was trying my best to read all of their faces and nervousness.

"Beta, a marriage proposal has came for you today."

Wait- What the heck ????"

As soon as his words settled in my mind my brain filled up with several thoughts. I fell silent because I didn't knew how the hell should I react.

"It is from the Rao's"

Rao.

Ajeet Rao.

Someone I don't really like.

"It is their Elder daughter."

I think I have seen her. I don't remember clearly but maybe I saw her in a party for the first time.

"Vandhana Rao."

I heard the name and my face changed. Confusion washed over my face and my brows knitted together. I don't think I know anyone named 'Vandhana' from that family.

"I have seen her. Her grandfather was my really good friend. She used to live with her grandparents only. I like her from the moment I met her the very first time. Sadly, her grandfather passed away when she was very young and since then she is living with her father."

Oh, sad. But still....who is she ???

"Here is a photo of her"

I heard Dadu say and I shifted my gaze back towards him. He was holding a photo towards me. I took it and stared at the photo.

No.

I don't know her. She isn't from Ajeet Rao's family. Nor she is the same girl I saw that day in the party. She is someone else.

"You can take as much time as you want. We are not forcing you into this. And if you have someone else in your heart you can openly tell us, Beta."

My mother's sweet voice reached my ears and I immediately looked it her and denied.

"No maa, there's no one."

She passed me a small smile and I looked away quickly. Inhaling a deep breath I stood up to go.