Chapter 3

This one decision of Abhimanyu could change two lives.

They were staring into each other's eyes. Inder's eyes were filled with hope where as Abhimanyu's eyes couldn't be read.

After deep thinking and staring at his grandfather, he chose to trust him.

"Fine Dadu, I'll marry her"

Inder couldn't help but smile and keep his hand on his head lovingly. There were no limits of his happiness.

"I will talk to her father tomorrow."

Abhimanyu nodded.

Wishing him a goodnight, Inder stood up to leave and Abhi closed the door and chose to sleep.
______________________________________

Next Morning

Abhimanyu's Pov:

I was already awake ,ready to start the day as I walked downstairs in a hurry. In the hall, I saw Maa, Badi kaki and Chhoti kaki sitting on the sofa with a priest, holding a book in his hands.

Maa saw me and called out.

"Abhi, are you going to work."

She asked, with a smile on her face as usual. I went towards them and touched their feet.

"We were discussing the date for your marriage with Pandit ji."

She said and for a second got confused but then got flashbacks of yesterday. I just muttered a "Oh".

" Is the date confirmed ???"

A voice came from my left and I snapped my head towards it and saw Kanak, Gauri and Smriti grinning and running towards us. They passed me and sat beside Maa.

"Is the date confirmed Badi maa ???"

Gauri asked again and I just rolled my eyes, knowing why was she asking it so excitedly infront of me.

"Vivaah ka shubh muhrat Ek mahine baad iss hee tarik ko hai. Aisa samay 25 saal mein ek baar hee aata hai"

(The auspicious time for marriage is next month on same date. Such auspicious time comes once in 25 years)

The priest explained. I looked at everyone who were listening too attentively. I sighed and turned away to walk out.

Time Skipped:

I was sitting in my cabin, checking on some files related to the new deals we got in the past week. Our company's performance was increasing day by day and I was happy about it.

"Bhaiiii"

I looked up and saw Parth at the door smiling widely. He came in with Vikram following behind. Parth sat on the chair infront of me. My eyes were fixed on him all this while.

1. He needs to learn to knock the door.
2. He can't sit without permission.

My eyes fell on Vikram, glaring at Parth, standing behind him.

"Sit down Vikram."

I said and he shifted his attention from him. He nodded and sat on the chair beside Parth.

"Parth, you need to knock the door before coming in Bhai's cab-"

Vikram said in a little heavy voice but was cut off by him.

"C'mon Vikram Bhai !!! I don't need any permission to come inside my Brother's room."

I rolled my eyes and Vikram facepalmed himself.