Chapter 10

Vandhana's Pov :

"Oh god, Vandhu. There was no need of all this."

Chhoti kaki said as she gazed at all the gifts kept on the table.

"Yes, Vandhu. This is too much beta"

Chhote kaka said in agreement. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the gifts.

"These are not too much, Kaka. And I bought it for all of you with so much love. Are you not going to accept these gifts."

I said. My lips formed a sad pout and I showed my puppy eyes to him. Papa came forward and pinched my nose then slapped my head playfully.

"Sabko manana janti hai ye ladki."

(This girl knows how to convince everyone)

He said. I scrunched my knows and smiled at him.
______________________________________

Time skip :

Everyone were having their dinner in the dining hall. I was walking upstairs with his dinner plate in my hand. I reached his room and knocked. I heard a muffled voice of him saying "come in" and I entered inside.

I saw him buttoning up his shirt. I furrowed my eyebrows seeing him in formal even at home. He turned his face from the mirror to me. His eyes travelled down as he noticed the plate I was holding. He licked his lips and came to me.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. It's something urgent. You can have dinner and sleep. I"ll be late."

He said and walked past me. I turned and watched him leave.

What's so urgent at this time ???

I sighed and walked towards the table and kept the plate on it. I sat and begin eating. I ate 2 full chapatis and walked outside to keep the plate back in kitchen.

I was walking through the gallery when I saw Dadaji. He saw me too and came towards me.

"What happened Vandhu beta ??? Abhimanyu didn't had dinner today ???"

He asked with furrowed eyebrows. I shook my head and said.

"Dadaji, he had some urgent work so he left."

He nodded and patted my head before leaving.

I went to kitchen and kept the plate on the counter, covering it with another.

I walked back towards the room and slept as I was tired after all the shopping.

I woke up between my sleep and my hand reached to my side, my bangles tingled. I hoped to find him but there was no one. I opened my eyes and looked towards my right and there was really no one.

I sat up and reached for my phone. I saw the time.

1:30

I stood up and picked up my dupatta from the bed. Passing the galleries and corridors, I reached in the hall. My eyes roamed around as I saw no sign of him.

My steps turned towards the kitchen.

No one.

Backyard.

No one.

I came back in the hall and sat on the sofa. I exhaled deeply. I folded my arms over my chest and leaned back, sitting comfortably.  I waited for him as my sleep was vanished now.

What type of urgent work is that ???

After a while, I heard footsteps from the entrance. I looked towards it.