Chapter 7

Vandhana's Pov :

My mind was filled with several thoughts as I stared outside the car window. It was the first time I was going to my house after marriage. And I don't know what will happen once I reach there. Will they be happy to see me ??? What if....they didn't liked me being there ???

And even Raghuvanshi Ji is also with me this time. I am so nervous.

I was unaware of my surroundings, my mind filled with scenarios of what's going to happen once we reach there.

"Vandhana !!??"

Suddenly, I heard a loud and rough voice calling out my name and I flinched hard. I looked towards my right from where it was coming.

"Where are you lost ??? I called you so many times why aren't you listening ???"

He said while shaking my shoulder with his one hand.

"Sorry...I was just....thinking something."

My voice came out slow at the end. I looked around me as I saw some familiar surroundings. I looked at the house outside from the window and realized that we have reached. My heartbeat grew louder and faster as the fear kicked in me. I gulped hard and closed my eyes.

It's going to be okay, Vandhana.

I reassured myself and looked at him once again. I found him staring at my house with unreadable eyes.

"Uhh....Chaliye..."

(Uhh....Let's go....)

I asked him and he lowered his eyes and then looked at me.

"Aap jaiye, hum aapko shaam tak lene aa jayenge"

(You go, I will come to pick you up by evening.)

He said in a slow and heavy voice. I thinned my brows as I got confused by his words.

"Aap andar nahi chalenge ???"

(You won't come inside ???"

I said and his eyes again fixated on the house and he shook his head. I got more confused.

"Kyu ???"

(Why ???)

I asked. He stayed silent for a moment and then said.

"Humein kaam hai Vandhana, Aap jaiye."

(I have work Vandhana, You go."

"Thodi der ruk kar chale jaiyega."

(You can go after a while.)

I said with raised eyebrows. He looked at me and sighed.

"I can't. You go and I will come to pick you up on the way when I come back from the office."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

I opened the car door and stood straight, glancing at the tall building.

I walked towards it with slow steps. The main gate was wide open. As soon as I entered inside, the gaurds bowed at me.

With slow and weak steps I reached the door and hesitated to ring the door bell.

My mind recalled the bitter memories I had in this house. My wounds refreshed again. The screams ringed in my ear.

"You can never do anything right."

"Such a worthless child."

I feel ashamed calling you my sister."

"Just go die."