Chapter 16: Dying Loyalty

INT. Red Keep

Lyanna sat in a chair by the fire in her study, watching the flames with burning interest as sparks jumped and ashes floated about the stone hearth. The flames held a reminiscent secret, consuming the paper she had thrown in moments ago, now reduced to nothing. A knock at the door broke her stare, and she rose to open it for her guest.

Ned Stark stood on the other side, a sad smile on his face.

'Pity,' she thought to herself. 'This man is pitying you.''

"Can I help you, Lord Stark?" Lyanna questions him at the door.

"As Hand I came to collect any will that Robert had written in his last moments."

"Ah, yes. Give me a moment. Come in please," the Princess says moving to the side and letting him in. Lyanna moves back towards her desk and hands Ned the paper that her father had signed before his death. Ned looked at the paper and stared up at the Princess in disbelief.

"Don't look so shocked Ned. Are you surprised he named you Protector of the Realm in his stead? You were his most loyal friend; he trusted you, so I trust you will do the right thing." With that, she left her study leaving Ned alone to contemplate the Princess' implication.

INT. Dothraki Tent

Daenerys sat behind her husband as he sat on the floor his back turned to her as she braided his long hair.

"Vezh fin saja rhaesheseres vo zigereo adoroon shiqethi. (The stallion who mounts the world has no need for iron chairs.)" The Khal spoke to his wife regarding their unborn son's need for the Iron Throne.

"K'asi assikhqoyisiri vezh adothrae nakhaan rhaesheseri. (According to the prophecy the stallion will ride to the ends of the earth.)" Daenerys spoke reminding her husband of the true words that came with the prophecy of their unborn babe.

"Sorfosor nakha she Havazzhifi Kazga. Vo hrazef laz yoma evethiz. (The earth ends at The Black Salt Sea. No horse can cross the poison water.)"

"Sorfosor nakho vosecchi she havazh. Sani sorfi vekha yomme havash. Sorfo athyolari anni. (The Earth never ends at the sea. There are many dirts across the sea. The dirts of my birth.)" She reminds him of her true home that is Westeros. The lands she wishes to return to.

Drogo turns to stare at her, "Vo sorfo. Rhaeshi. (Not dirt. Lands.)"

"Rhaeshi, sek. (Lands, yes.)" Daenerys confirms with a smile gracing her features. "Dalen rhaggat eveth ma ale vekhi she Vaes Seris Hrazef ido fini ovethi yomme havazh. (There are thousands of ships in the free cities. Wooden horses that fly across the sea.)"

"Kisha vastoki vos alikh hrazefi ido m'adori shiqethi (Let's speak no more about wooden horses or iron chairs.)"

"Me vos ador. Me...me...throne. (It's not a chair. It's...it's...throne.)" Daenerys tells Drogo.

"Throne?" he questions not knowing the word.

"Ador finaan khal nevasoe...che khaleesi. (A chair for a king to sit upon...or a queen.)" Daenerys explains to him.

"Khal vos zigereo adoroon anevasoe maan. Me zigeree sojasoon disse. (A khal doesn't need a chair to sit on. He only needs a steed.)" Drogo turns and gives her a soft kiss and leaves the tent.

Later in the day Daenerys and a few members of the horde travel through the market. All that is heard are the shouts of merchants and the speech of people conversing with one another.

"Can't you help me make him understand?" Daenerys asks Jorah for his help to convince Drogo to travel to Westeros.

"The Dothraki do things in their own time, for their own reasons. Have patience, Khaleesi. We will go home, I promise you." Jorah spoke calmly.