chapter one - first day

(I know johnnie dropped out from school but whatever, let's just pretend)

Samantha's POV:

today was my first ever day of school, well not exactly. My first year at a new school. I'm not so very nervous since I know everyone is new to this school since it's just been built so yeah, everyone is new and nobody knows anything or anyone which is just great!

By the way readers, I'm Samantha, I'm seventeen living with my mother and my older brother named Simon, he's just turning twenty three and obviously had moved out but his currently back in the house with me and mom since our dad last away due to suicide a couple weeks ago so he wanted to stay to take care of me and mom. I haven't really told anyone about this, only my closet best best friend Stephanie knows. She's just the best friend ever but sadly we won't even go to the same school anymore which obviously sucks ass tbh.
~~
It's currently 6am and I start my first class at 8am so I have plenty of time to get ready, I get up from bed on my own actually, most mornings mom yells at me to get up lol.
I stand up and look in my reflection in my body mirror right in front of my bed.
I see a pale blackharied girl in my reflection, funny that's actually me.
I have black hair, obviously dyed from blonde and pale skin. My hair is usually at its natural curls but i decided to straighten it last night to look better for this very first school day.

I sit down at my vanity to do my makeup, foundation, concealer, powder, eyeliner you know the drill. I finished up and got into my outfit I planed last night, genuinely that took me a good half an hour but I was going to wear black baggy jeans, a The Cure t shirt of course (you guessed it, a fucking emo) and my casual adidas sneakers. I looked in my mirror with the full outfit on with a concerned face but I didn't really want to change so I'll just go with it.

I walk down to the kitchen and pour me a bowl of my favourite cereal, lucky charms and wait for my mom and brother to wake up.
Just as I finished eating my mom walks into the kitchen.

"Good morning mom" I smile as I hug her.
"Morning sammy" she says as she hugs me back kissing my forehead.
I put away my dishes, brush my teeth and just finished getting ready. Lastly I sat down in the sofa on my phone just checking what class I'm in for first period and who's in that class.
I check my mail since the school principal mailed it out to everyone.
My first class was English, pretty chill.
"Let's see who's in this class then" I mumble to myself.
I didn't manage to read all the last names on all the kids but anyways.
"Ellen, Clover, Sam, Jason, Amanda, Alex, Johnnie" I read out to myself, I didn't even read out all the names as I gave up, why even? I don't even know these people.
~~
It was time for me to leave my house, I got my keys and shoved them into my pocket and got my headphones on as I left the front door.
"BYE MOM, BYE SIMON!!!" I yelled before I closed the door.
I put on my music and "sweet" by cigarettes after sex started playing, what a great morning actually!
I just kept waking and eventually I show up to the school walking into the big building.
Not gonna lie I didn't think it would be this huge!
I open my phone to see the mail saying where my class room was.
"Hallway 4, class 21" I read out loud, why do I always need to read everything out loud?
"Oh wait, I'm in that class to!" A sweet voice said behind me. I turn around guessing the voice heard me read out my class.
"Hello, I'm ellen, and you are?" The girl says.
"Oh hey, I'm Samantha" I say and a little smile creeps up on me. Ellen seems super sweet actually. She's wearing blue bootcut jeans, a pink crop top and cute pink sneakers. Kind of my opposite aesthetic but she's sweet.
"I guess we're in the same English class this year!!" She brightly smiles to me.
"Yep" I say shortly as we start walking to our class. Kind of random of her to just yell out with a smile that we're in the same class but you go Ellen, I'm happy I got someone so I'm not some emo walking around all alone.

We made it to our class and we sat down next to each other in the back.
More and more kids started dropping in, no one really catching my eye till one kid walks in.
He is wearing black skinny jeans, a mcr shirt and vans. Woah. His hair is black and in this mullet/emo haircut and is wearing a little bit of eyeshadow. How cute.
I nudge Ellen's shoulder and she looks up from her phone.
"See that guy, in black with the my chemical romance shirt?" I whisper to her.
"Yeah? An emo!" She whisper back slightly louder than me.
"Shut up he's going to hear us!!" I say
"he's kinda cute tho.." I whisper.
"HE IS NOOOOTT!!" Ellen almost shouts out.
I laugh and look over at him, realising his literally looking at me, or well maybe his looking at Ellen. Ellen is actually very pretty with her light blond hair up in pigtails and perfect bangs, maybe the emo is into the blonde preppy girls? Hopefully not..

A man walks into the classroom demanding us to be quiet, I'm guessing he's our English teacher. Everyone quickly shuts up expect two guys in the back, they are both wearing basketball shirts and gray sweatpants, sports guys I guess.
~~
"hello class, I'm Mr Chris and I'll be teaching you in English. I think we all should start with introducing ourself since you guys will be talk almost all your classes together. So everyone tell your name and a fun fact about you, we can start at the back. You with the blond pigtails go first" Mr Chris saying looking at Ellen, well everyone is looking at Ellen now.

"Uhm okay, I'm Ellen and Uhm my fun fact about me is ehmm.." she pauses up, " I like to draw, I guess" she continues. She lets out a sweet smile looking out over our class.
Okay. My turn.
"Uh I'm Samantha and uhm I like to listen to music" I quickly rambled out, that wasn't even a fun fact. I panicked.
The rest of the kids go, me not paying attention till it's the emo boy's turn.
"my turn? Yeah okay I'm Johnnie and I actually make music" he calmly says. Dang? He makes music? That's cool. I look at him again noticing his blue eyes, dang they're beautiful.
~~
The rest of the class say their name and a fun fact but I don't even try to care, I still had my headphones on which and Chris didn't even tell me to take them off yet, nice.
The class ended pretty quick and we all leave the classroom.
Right as we get out I'm walking next to Ellen kinda just getting to know each other till Johnnie walks up to me..

————————————————————————
A/N:
I'm so happy I started a series I'm actually excited to write!
Sorry for leaving a little bit of a cliffhanger but I'm tired af.

If you're reading this: you are clearly amazing and hope you like it🌸
BE AWARE: English is not my first language, miss spelling our using words wrong WILL apear (sorry) but I am trying my best

Wordcount: 1322
// Author 🌸