chapter six - ice cream

TW: mention of self harm and scars
"Hi Samantha!" Johnnie smiled at me.
"Hey" I said, greeting him with a hug.
"I know the best ice cream place around here, lets go" He said and we started walking, as usual I have no idea where we are going.
"How are you feeling?" He asked me.
"I'm better, me and my mom apologized to each other so I guess that's okay, I'm just stressed out at life you know" I said while looking down at my shoe's, I really don't like opening up. It makes me feel so.. Nervous? Odd? I don't know.
"It's great you and your mom made up, I promise It's going to be alright just hang in there and don't worry about stuff. Just trust that you'll be fine" Johnnie said reassuringly. Dang he really is good at reassuring and comforting people.
We kept walking in a comforting silence and it was starting to become dark as we arrived at the ice cream shop.
"Hello, what would you like to order?" The cashier asked.
"I'd like a cone with vanilla ice cream," Johnnie said.
"Hmm I'll have a cone with strawberry, please" I smiled and took my card from my pocket to pay.
"I'll pay, it's okay" Johnnie said, nudging me in my arm.
"Thank you, how much do I owe you?" I asked as the polite girl I am.
"Nothing, I got it" He smiled as he paid the cashier and handed me my ice cream.
"Aww, thank you so much!!" I smiled back.
"We are not that far from the beach, should we go there and sit down for a while?" Johnnie asked me.
"That'll be great!!"
â€"
A few minutes later we arrived at the beach and sat down in the cold sand by a tree. Pretty romantic if you ask me. I wonder if he might like me too, or do I even like him?
"Can I ask you a question?" Johnnie looked up from his ice cream and asked.
"Yeah of course!" I smiled back, I'm trying so hard to hide the fact that the question made my stomach drop. Hella nervous.
"What are the lines on your arm?" Johnnie asked, looking at my bare arms. Fuck. I forgot that.
"Oh uhm It's nothing" I said, trying to come up with a conversation changer.
"Samantha, do you do that to yourself?" He asked again. The question sounds unreal, no one is supposed to ask you that, right? I couldn't get a word out, I don't want to talk about it.
"Yes.." I stuttered out. "But I do not want to talk about it, please don't think I am a creep" I continued.
"I'm so sorry and I get it, I used to do that shit too.. Just to cope with my feeling but I promise you'll get better and I respect you don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry I asked, I just want you to be alright" Johnnie answered. He also was a cutter?
"You also.. used to.. cut?" I asked him, looking at his beautiful face and his magical blue eyes. He is so beautiful I lowkey get nervous.
"Yeah.. When my depression got worse and my dad died it felt like my only solution, but I'm so much better now" He told me.
"I'm glad you're better and I'm sorry you had to go through all that" I said.

"Honestly, It is okay now and you promise to talk to me if something feels wrong. I'm here for you Samantha" He said, looking into my eyes.
"Thank you, I promise I will," I replied, also looking up at him, damn I wanted to kiss him.
I looked in his right eye, then his right eye and then his lips over and over again.
"Can I ki-" Johnnie said but I cut him off by leaning in to kiss him.
He put his hand on my neck and kissed  me back. HE KISSED ME BACK!
I leaned away from his lips.
"Yes you can," I laughed.
He laughed back and I saw that he was blushing! I'm dying to tell Ellen this!
"We should get going home, It's gonna be late if we don't start walking now" Johnnie said while standing up.
"Yep," I said. He offered me his hand and I took it. So there it is, me and Johnnie Guilbert walking hand in hand after having our first kiss at the beach. Life maybe isn't so bad after all.

â€"Time skip, at homeâ€"

Johnnie walked by my house and we said goodbye with a hug, I got into my house dying to call Ellen anc tell her about all this.
"MOM I'M HOME AND I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!!!" I yelled as the second I got into our house
"Tell me sweetie, how'd it go?" My mom asked me nicely.
"Soooo, we got ice cream then we walked down to the beach and sat down while enjoig our ice cream…" I said, uncontrollably smiling.
"Aw that's amazing, did anything more happen?" Mom asked
"WE KISSED!!!!!" I smiled at her.
"Well that's great..!" She said and walked off.
I need to call Ellen this exact second. I rushed up to my room and clicked on her contact.
One signal.
Two signals.
Fucking answer Ellen!
Three signals.
Finally she answered.
(E: Ellen, Y: you/Samantha)
E: Hey!
Y: I NEED TO TELL YOU THIS OH MY GOD
E: WHAT HAS HAPPENED? ARE YOU OKAY?
Y: So I was out and me and Johnnie were getting ice cream as we planned and then we walked down to the beach you know and we fucking kissed!!!!!!
E: WHAT?!!!? OH MY GOD!!!!!
Y: YES!!! We talked a little about some stuff and then we looked into each other's eyes and right when he was going to ask if he could kiss me I just leaned in and did it!
E: Such a queen!! Was it good tho? Is he a good kisser?
Y: It was good, I don't know. It wasn't any long romantic kiss but I enjoyed it.
E: Tell me details tomorrow, I need to get ready for bed now. Love youuu!
Y: Okay bye! Love you more!
â€"
I decided to text Johnnie.
"I had so much fun today, thank you!!! Going to bed now, see you tomorrow :)" I texted and sent!
He replied almost immediately.
"Me too!! I'd love to hang out more with you:D" His message said. I hearted the message and turned my phone off.

—————————————————————————-
Hey🌸
Actually the love story has begun!!!!

I've also decided to keep updating this story (almost) daily and then my other story Johnnie guilbert x female reader AT LEAST once every two weeks, maybe once a week!
I've been feeling a little depressed and sick lately but I am trying my best to!

Wordcount: 1148
// author 🌸