04. chupacabra.

season two, episode five

      Emory fastened her overalls before slipping into her boots

Emory fastened her overalls before slipping into her boots. A grin made its way on to her face when Maggie appeared, waving a bottle of sprite in her face.

Emory took it graciously, unscrewing the lid and pressing the bottle to her lips. She moaned feeling the fizzy liquid hit her tongue and run down her throat.

Maggie hadn't known anyone so obsessed with the beverage like Emory was. Maggie would always bribe her with one, which made Emory turn to her wondering what secret Maggie was about to tell her.

"We had sex," Maggie said making Emory furrow her brows, confused as to what her friend was talking about.

"What?"Em asked making Maggie roll her eyes before she shut the bedroom door. Emory sat on the edge of the bed while Maggie stood in front of her, arms crossed.

"Glenn and I had sex," Maggie said making Emory's eyes widen. She could tell Glenn liked Maggie but she didn't expect this.

Sex seemed like such an unimportant topic considering the state of the world and yet she was impressed Maggie had done it and with a stranger no less.

"How was it?" Emory asked and Maggie shrugged.

"It was nice but it was a one time thing only," she insisted but Emory didn't believe that.

"He's nice but be careful Mags, did you at least use protection?" Emory asked, the last thing they needed to worry about was Maggie getting pregnant, the thought hadn't occurred to her till now. It would be horrific to raise a baby through this.

"We used a condom and there's more in case you need any," Maggie said making Emory raise her brows.

"And who do you suppose I'd have sex with?" Emory asked, knowing none of these men were of any interest to her, she really didn't care either. She had never enjoyed sex, she'd only been with two men and neither treated her well.

"Honestly, Shane seems like an ass but I could see it. Imagine Daryl," Maggie joked making Emory fall on her back.

"Daryl would shoot me between the eyes with an arrow before he even so much as smiles at me and Shane is scary, maybe Dale," Emory joked and Maggie scrunched up her nose.

"He's like thirty years older than you," Maggie said and Emory shrugged.

"The older the better," Emory said making Maggie scoff, falling down beside Emory.

"What about Rick?" Maggie asked making Emory look at her like she was insane.

"He's married with a son," Emory said making Maggie shrug, Emory slapped her shoulder.

Maggie grabbed her hand and linked their fingers, holding their hands up.

"I'm glad you're here," Maggie said making Emory nod. When the world had fallen apart, Maggie's first thought was Emory and when the bloodied girl found herself at her doorstep, broken and scared, Maggie had brought her in.