16. when the dead come knocking.

season three, episode seven

   "Carl get a blanket. Beth, water and a towel," Rick instructed, entering the cell block with the mysterious woman around his arm.

"Here," Carl said rolling out a blanket on the floor, as Rick laid her on it.

"She's not coming in the cell blocks. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Steady now, alright, thank you." Rick said, setting her sword down as Beth handed him a bottle of water.

Emory held the baby to her chest, eyeing the injured woman as she woke, groaning with Rick pouring water on her."Shhh. It's alright, it's alright. Hey, hey, look at me. Look at me. Who are you? Hey, it's alright. Hey, hey"Rick said as she reached for her sword. He kicked it away and held her down.

"No. We're not going to hurt you unless you try something stupid first, alright?" He assured her.

"Rick. Who the hell is this?" Daryl asked.

"You wanna tell us your name?...You wanna tell us your name?" Rick asked, but the woman just stated at him.

"Y'all come on in here," Daryl said gesturing toward the cell block."Everything alright?" Rick asked. "You're gonna wanna see this," he answered Rick.

"Go ahead. Carl, get the bag," Rick instructed.

"We'll keep this safe and sound. The doors are all locked. You'll be safe here. And we can treat that" he holding the woman's sword up, gesturing toward the bullet wound in her leg.

"I didn't ask for your help,".

"Doesn't matter. Can't let you leave" he said walking toward Daryl with Emory behind him. Daryl locked the gate after them.

The three turned into a cell, seeing Carol pop up from under a bunk bed. They smiled and she smiled back. "Thank God," Rick repeated as they embraced.

"How?" Hershel asked walking to hug her next. "Solitary," she said covered in blood and dirt.

"Poor thing fought her way into a cell. Must have passed out. Dehydrated," Daryl said as she turned to see Emory holding the baby and she smiled turning to Rick who gave Carol a look that made her face fall.

"I'm sorry," Carol cried grabbing Ricks face. Carl looked down as Carol lifted the baby from Emory's arms.

Once everyone got reacquainted, Rick, Daryl, Hershel and Emory went out of the cells to check on their visitor.

"We can tend to that wound for you, give you a little food and water, and then send you on your way. But you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula," he said, as she held a cloth to her wound.

"The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl," she said making Emory and Hershel perk up. "What happened?" Rick asked.

"Were they attacked?" Hershel asked."They were taken," she answered and Emory's heart dropped.
"Taken? By who?" Rick asked.