10. better angels.

season two, episode twelve

      "Dale could—could get under your skin

      "Dale could—could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. How he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave.  Whenever I'd make a decision I'd look at Dale, he'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us—the truth, who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety...our future. We're not broken, we're gonna prove him wrong. From now on, we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale,"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

      She tried not to seem upset, but Hershel was moving everyone into the house. Andrea suggested they share a room which had her wanting to carve her eyes out with a fork.

    She was trying to find peace in religion like her mama had, a way to honor her but it was growing precarious by the second.

"Gonna be tight, fifteen people in one house," Rick said to Hershel.

"Don't worry about that. With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..." Hershel said as Emory helped Glenn load up the truck.

     "With fifty head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell," Maggie added.

"She's right. We should've moved you in a while ago" Hershel agreed.

"Alright, let's move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road. We'll build a lookout in the windmill, another in the barn loft. That should give us sightlines both sides of the property. T-dog, you take perimeter around the house. Keep track of everyone coming and going," Rick instructed.

      "What about standing guard?" T-dog asked.

"I need you and Daryl on double duty,".

"Gotcha" T-dog answered.

    "I'll stick the basement with food and water, enough that we can all survive there a few days if need be," Hershel said carrying more things to the truck.

"You good?" Glenn asked her, as they carried some things into the house. She nodded, off in her own world.

"You don't think Andrea is seriously gonna bunk with me, right?" She asked making him laugh. She'd rather share a room with Hershel if that were the case.