CHAPTER 22

A/N: Ugh honestly I'm running out of inspiration, I just want to get this arc over with, the entertainment district arc is literally the lamest thing to have ever been invented. But anyway, I'll try my best to do a good job.

I was walking around when a shiver crawled down my spine. I looked out the window and saw a demonic aura from the 'Kyogoku house'. I growled. Zenitsu was in danger, that much I could tell. But a demonic aura had come from the 'Ogimoto house' not long ago. I concluded that the demon must be disguised as two different oiran and was a part of both houses. But did that mean that it was also a part of this house, I didn't know. I hadn't noticed any signs of demons in this house, but that didn't mean that there weren't any.

Timeskip to the next day brought to you by Giyuu being depressed:

"Like I'm saying, there was a demon at my place!! This is what it was like! I'm sure!"

Inosuke yelled, spreading his arms in a weird position.

"Well... yeah, well uhh... just hold up for a bit."

Tanjiro said. We were on the roof of a building, where Uzui had asked us to meet up. Inosuke made another position with his arms that didn't help me out much.

"Like this! Can you tell if I do this?"

"No..."

I answered, biting my tongue as to not snap at him.

"We shouldn't wait for Zenitsu. He won't be coming. Isn't that right, Uzui?"

I stated, turning my head to face where Uzui was crouching on the roof. I could tell Inosuke and Tanjiro were shocked to see him there, they definitely didn't notice him arriving. Uzui nodded.

"What do you mean by Zenitsu isn't coming?"

Tanjiro asked. This time, it was Uzui who spoke.

"I think I put you guys in terrible danger. The desire to save my wives has made me commit a grave mental error. Zenitsu's whereabouts are currently unknown. He stopped contacting me last night."

After he said that, I turned to the two new kanoe.

"I haven't seen any signs of him, but I did notice a demonic aura around his house. He's probably dead, or near death. You two, get out of here. I don't doubt that this demon must be one of the upper moon demons, and if you were to fight them, you'd die. My training wasn't enough to prepare you yet. Get out of here before you die. Me and Uzui, as both hashira and your superiors, will finish this fight without you."

Tanjiro and Inosuke were shocked by this. The former yelled at me.

"No, Uzui-san, Y/N-san! We-"

He was cut off by Uzui.

"Don't be ashamed. Winners stay alive. Don't mess this opportunity up."

Then both me and Uzui leaped away and started discussing ideas. I had seen demonic auras from both the Kyogoku and Ogimoto houses earlier, so I could assume that one or more demon(s) were lurking there. And that was probably why Zenitsu went missing. 

"I've felt demonic auras from both the 'Kyogoku house' and the 'Ogimoto house' earlier, so I think the demon must be in both of them, disguised as two different people. And now Zenitsu's missing... I don't think Tanjiro and Inosuke are going to take our advice and leave."

I said.

"And I don't doubt that Suma, Makio and Hinatsuru are alive. They can't be dead."

Uzui only nodded, didn't say anything. It kind of irritated me, but I also stayed silent. We needed to find the demon or demons, and quick.

As I was returning to the Tokito house to say I was leaving, I saw Tanjiro leaving, in his demon slayer uniform. Dammit, he really was going to keep chasing the demon -a demon. And close. I looked down and spotted a demonic aura.

Me and Tanjiro jumped down to the window, and almost instantly spotted the demon. It was a woman wearing overly revealing clothes, and in her eyes was carved 'upper moon 6'. Good. I had found her.

"You a demon hunter?"

She asked. I stayed quiet, knowing that she knew the answer to that question.

"So you came? Indeed. How many of you are there? There was that ugly blonde boy, right? One of you is a pillar... good. Is there another one coming? He's coming soon, right?"

I didn't answer, but I had confirmed something in my head. This demon had taken Zenitsu. Maybe even eaten him. Zenitsu's death wouldn't be a huge loss to the demon slayer corps, but he was Tanjiro's friend, and I didn't want Tanjiro to be sad. And besides, one almost-useless blonde pervert was better than nothing.

"You do realise I don't want any non-pillars, right?"

The demon asked. She was holding Koinatsu in a cloth.

"I don't eat old people and abominations."

'In that case, Tanjiro would be a perfect meal for you.' I thought, but didn't say. 'Tanjiro's the opposite of an abomination, you dipshit.'

"Let her go!!"

Tanjiro yelled. I didn't bother with asking the demon for anything, I blitzed forward and cut up the cloth. The cloth bent to withstand my sword strike without ripping, and she glared at Tanjiro.

"Who do you think you're talking to?!"

She asked, veins popping all over her face and body. She launched her cloths at me and Tanjiro, launching Tanjiro out of the window and onto the street. I swiped my katana from side to side, deflecting the cloths. But they still cut my arms, drawing minor amounts of blood. But I wasn't fazed. If I could kill upper 3, I could definitely kill upper 6. Right? Then again, I didn't really kill upper 3. I only stalled him for a few seconds, nothing more, nothing less.

I jumped onto the street to see if Tanjiro was okay. He was a bit stunned, but he seemed altogether intact. He got up, seemingly trying to get his thoughts together. Good. I couldn't have him dragging me down.

"You're alive. Hmm... you've got more bone than I thought. Pretty eyes. Maybe I'll gouge them out and eat them."

Tanjiro ignored her threats and placed down the box containing Nezuko.

"Sorry, Nezuko. I loosened the strap. I can't fight with this on my back. Don't get out of the box. Not unless your own life is in danger."

I heard humming from the box, and assumed Nezuko must have been humming in agreement. Or maybe she was protesting. I couldn't figure it out, but also didn't care.

"Water Breathing, 4th form: Striking Tide : Chaos!"

"Ice Breathing, 8th form: Striking Blast!"

Me and Tanjiro launched forwards, slicing in what seemed to be a random fashion. But it wasn't. Tanjiro's blade flowed from each strike, making a smooth transition from one hit to the next. My blade, on the other hand, followed a snappy path, launching quick attacks one by one.