Tenth chapter

Hirano didn't quite understand how they ended up in the gym with Togata going against the students of 1-A. He would've headed straight to the Recovery girl, if it was someone else, but Togata's quirk had some rather unpleasant sides to it when he wasn't wearing his hero costume. And Hirano was good at dealing with those unpleasant sides.

"We could've just told them how it works and what its been like", Amajiki spoke against the wall. Hirano was sitting next to his legs, looking up at him. "What if they're now left with permanent injuries and have to spend a long time in the hospital and can't bounce back..."

"They", Hirano coughed to the handkerchief that he's been holding in his hand, "They'll be fine... maybe, hopefully".

"Mirio isn't that good at holding back, you know".

Hirano then turned to look at the students. They were looking quite dreadful hearing Amajiki and Hirano speak. As an attempt to defuse it, Hirano smiled at them, putting his thumbs up, even though they didn't stand a chance.

As soon as Togata activated his quirk, his trousers fell off. He stumbled to get them back on as the other students screamed. Hirano cleared his throat, "Once upon a time!" he loudly announced, "Togata Mirio appeared to be wearing his gym trousers everywhere! Those trousers followed him everywhere even when he uses his quirk!"

"Thanks Hirano!" Togata said before continuing, without actually wearing any trousers. If someone were to walk into the gym now, they would see that he wasn't wearing any.

Hirano tapped Amajiki's leg with the back of his hand and pointed to the door.

"Are you going to get something?"

Two clicks.

"Okay. I'll explain it to the others if you don't return before this ends".

Two clicks again. Hirano jumped up and walked past Aizawa and Todoroki, neither of them questioned him leaving.

The start of the new semester was quite warm. The outside was pleasant and smelled like grass and little like smoke when he walked near the support classes, but that was usual. It was about a five minute walk back to the dorm, but Hirano jogged part of the journey and made it in only about 3. He wanted to see the conclusion of the fight.

There were few students in the common area, "Hirano, what happened with One, Two and Three during the lessons?" one of them asked.

One click.

"Oh, are you already coughing blood?"

Two clicks.

"Go to the Recovery girl when you have time".

Two clicks. Hirano headed right to the freezer and took out an ice cream. He didn't unwrap it. He also took some throat numbing tablets that were in common use. He would take it after eating the ice cream.

He walked past the same classmate on his way out, "Can I have one?" he asked, almost as a joke since he knew he wouldn't. The boxes of ice creams usually had a paper taped to them, reading something along the lines of, 'Once upon a time someone took one of these without my permission and bad things happened :) pls don't touch'.

Hirano looked at him for a while before dropping the ice cream on his lap and going back to get another for himself. This was their last year, might as well share. Besides, he had promised himself that he would buy the whole class ice creams on their last day in the dorms on their last day as a thank you. As Hirano walked away, beginning to jog as soon as he made it out the door, the classmate looked at the ice cream. He wasn't certain it wasn't expired or something along those lines. Hirano rarely shared anything he ate.

"Isn't that one of Hirano's?" another classmate questioned.

"Yea. He just gave it to me. That means I can eat it, right?"

"He counts those every evening to make sure no one's taken one..."

"He seriously gave it to me after I asked for it. I'm not lying".

"For your sake, I sure hope so".

Hirano almost ran back, having to stop for a moment in front of the gym door to gather himself back up. Running was quite difficult when breathing hurt. When he opened the door, they were still fighting. He walked back to his previous spot by Amajiki and unwrapped the ice cream, crumbling the wrap into his pocket.

"What flavour is that?"

"Pear".

"I see".

They stayed quiet while watching Togata take out all the close range fighters. While staring Hirano bit straight to the popsicle, feeling somehow a cutting pain in his teeth. Amajiki noticed the closed eyed, shocked and painful expression. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, a little horrified. Hirano was squeezing his eyes shut quite tightly and looked to be in serious pain. 

Two clicks. 

"What was that just now?"

Hirano shrugged a little, how would he explain that he just bit into the popsicle and it hurt?

"Did you seriously just bite it?" Hirano looked away. Now that Amajiki said it, he was suddenly a little embarrassed. 

By the time the Big three and Hirano were standing in front of the 1-A students, who were mostly holding their stomachs, Hirano had the tablet in his mouth and the wooden stick was in the wrapper in his pocket. After Togata introduced his quirk, the students turned to Hirano. 

"You can end it now", Togata told. 

Hirano looked at him, truly hoping he had put the trousers back on. "The end". As there was no screaming, he supposed he had the trousers on. 

"Can he just make anything a reality?" someone questioned. 

"But it seems that they must be in a story-form. So maybe they're just temporary until the story ends". 

Hirano coughed to the napkin he had stolen from the dorm. He looked at Hado. "The things Hirano says after 'Once upon a time' come to life as illusions to those who hear him! It's really cool, he makes super cute puppies sometimes, once he made a red panda and everyone in the dorm loved it so much". Hirano clicked twice. "Oh yeah, his throat suffers when he tells stories, so he sometimes just communicates by clicking his tongue".