rock, paper, scissors scissors scissors

Sab's

"You coming or what?" Tanong ko with a hint of inis.

She ran away from me kanina and guess what where I found her, ang bakletang ito is flirting with that guy..Wayne ba 'yun? sa canteen. Ipakain ko sa kaniya yung nabubulok niyang ice cream sa bahay eh.

Now we're just standing sa hallway.

During our first period that afternoon, I saw her being pushed by.... someone who kinda looks like that Wayne Guy? Guni-guni ko lang ba? no, that guy was a mesomorph, the other one is leaner, so I concluded that one's different.

I followed her with my eyes as she awkwardly walk inside. huh? Topnotcher?

We'll see about that.

Speaking of topnotcher. Our results from entrance exam was out the other day. And the thing is there are no names, only ID numbers. Yes, during the enrollment we were handed our ID's pagkatapos.

And I'm only second.

So, could it be that she's, the Number 1?

Huh. As if. What're the chances? But what if the right question is,

What're the odds?

I mean yes, she's smart but probably not that smart. But what if she is THAT smart?

I could be wrong. Right?

Yeah, right.

I said to myself.

More like, comforting my self.

Maybe this is the thing about being the only child, I got used to always being the number 1. Second place is not a place for me, I hate suffering from silver medal syndrome.

I was frustrated about the result, I even checked my ID number multiple times, but I decided to let it go this time and I'm gonna have a big comeback, and I don't want to be dragged down by this girl. So...

"So we don't have a choice, but do this."

"the question is how?"

"Don't you have any idea, miss topnotcher?"

"Why do you keep calling me names but never my actual name?"

"because I want to."

"Fine, kahit ano pala edi I'll call you Julius"

I gave her a look of disapproval. I was about to answer her when Shiloh called

"Hey, you can go without me I still have something to do..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, yes I'm gonna call mom nalang later to pick me up."

"Okay, take care, call me when you get home!"

"okay, okay ingat ka din."

I hanged up and I saw her staring at me

"What?"

"Nothing." She answered blandly.

"So what are we gonna do?"

"I don't know, get to know each other? And for your information, I gave you my full name so maybe it's your turn narin to do your part ano?"