the moon is beautiful

Joan's

"Jo where are you taking me?" she questioned

"Sab, I told you for a thousand times just trust me"

"Trust? you literally leave me hanging earlier" She said deadpan

I just laughed

"Well, this is my way of building that trust again."

Nandito kami ngayon sa 7/11, I was busy picking stuff while she was busy sulking

"Sab stop being grumpy nga, hahahaha Naalala ko tuloy nung una tayong nagkita, remember?"

Remembering that time made me realize how far we've come, noon hindi pa kami ang magkasabay bumili but here we are now, I mean I kidnapped her apparently, but  knowing Sab, she would've kicked me but she chose to be here kaya I think this is still counted as progress.

She rolled her eyes at me "yes and you're progressively getting into my nerves habang tumatagal"

"pft type mo lang ako eh" pagbibiro ko habang pumipili ng flavor ng clover

she didn't reply which made me rethink the words that I just said, agad akong lumingon sa kanya "hey I was just kidding —"

"I know miss ma'am so shut up and buy me this" she said while waving the can of pineapple juice she's holding "this place is too hot I needed a drink" after saying that she walked away at agad ko siyang sinundan sa cashier, on the way there I saw the Aircon temp, it was 18 degrees, naiinitan parin siya?

Ganyan talaga basta cold-hearted. charot.

After buying everything I think that we needed, I called a cab at inalalayan siyang pumasok, I mean I know she's not handicapped I just suddenly had the thought, paano kung mauntog siya at mas mabaliw pa?

After how many minutes of trying to distract her para naman hindi mag tantrums ang ate niyo, we finally arrived.

"Jo?"

"Come"

"Where are we?" She said from the moment she stepped out of the cab

"Sa future pagtatayuan ng bahay ko" I smiled

"Dinala mo'ko sa bakanteng lote, what? are there more surprises? Don't tell me may pamalo ka diyan, you're not trying to murder me right?"

"Gaga, ayaw kong dungisan ng dugo mo 'tong lupa ko no"

Tiningnan niya ako ng masama

"Biro lang po"

"So why are we here?"

"Perfect question" I slowly held her hand "come"

"Look, Sab"

"w-wow" I saw her eyes glimmering with happiness

While she was busy digesting the view in front of her, agad kong nilapag ang telang binili ko and also the basket full of snacks I bought earlier, I carefully placed the can of pineapple juice besides it.

I smiled at the sight of her.

"Enjoying the view, Ms. President?"

I saw her nod, guess she's too stunned to speak, in awe with the view.

I know that this place is just a boring empty lot, pero when you look in a different perspective, you can see a whole different world. The panoramic view of the cityscape reminds me that whenever I want to run away, I just needed a moment to breathe and look, just look, cause in my ugly days— there's still beauty.