Chapter 2

(Fun fact: Y/N have not fallen in love with Ying Zheng...yet)

.../N"

You could hear a voice from behind you.

'What a nice voice' you thought as you feel a hand wrap around your waist, you turn around to face the man's face.

Before you could even see the man's face you were jolted awake by your uncle's loud mouth.

"Y/N?! Are you awake already?" Your uncle ask from outside your room, you glare at your door. You could have seen the man... honestly you thought that maybe that is the prince of your life.

Your prince in shining armor or was it a knight?

Anyway you just thought that maybe you actually have a soulmate and at that thought you smiled. You brought your doll to your mouth and squealed.

"N/N are you okay?" Your father ask from outside the door of your room worriedly.

"Yes father! I just really have a nice dream." You happily replied while hugging the doll your father made for you. Your doll is made out of a sheep's cotton and a fabric from your father's old clothes. He made one for you because he can't afford to buy you toys.

Your father chuckles as he hears your reply "get up now you still have to help me with carrying our vegetables to the market." Your father softly told you.

"Father, I want my ride." You replied, you love getting piggyback from your father because you feel like you are at the highest place there.

Your father comes into your room and he gets down near your bed as you go on his back. "Hold on his shoulders N/N you are about to experience the fastest ride." Your father grins as he lets out those words.

You giggle childishly at his remark and comply, holding tightly on his shoulder. He runs to the kitchen with you on his back, you keep letting out your childish giggles from your little mouth.

"Did you have fun on your ride, little princess?" Your father is full of joy hearing your adorable giggles, he lets you down near the food he must have prepared while you are having the dream that you forgot because of the joy you feel while he's carrying you on his back.

"Yes father! That was the best piggyback." You replied with a wide smile to your father. Your father smiled and ruffled your hair. "Now it's time to eat so you can have lots of energy helping me carry the vegetables and playing with the neighbors." Your father said.

You suddenly remember about Ying Zheng, and even before you can notice a smile crawl up your lips. "Father, I got a new friend yesterday" you started with a smile to your father "a friend? My princess really is so friendly huh? Is it a boy or a girl?" Your father asks with full pride knowing that you will never feel lonely with lots of friends.

"A boy... his name is Yin Zheng and he's such an adorable boy, father! I don't get why the people are mad at him" you pout and frown without your notice remembering the hateful words and hateful eyes directed at him.

"Is it the Qin Prince?" Your father asks, you can notice the shock on his face. You nod as a reply to him feeling worried that he might hate on the adorable prince you befriended yesterday.

But...

Instead of a hateful look he smile at you warmly and hugs you "my little princess is really a nice girl, that kid is suffering a lot because of his parents doing I want you to befriend him before but I was afraid that you might get uncomfortable, fortunately I really have a good little princess" you could feel how proud he is to have you as his child, you hug him back "I'm so happy to have you as my father too, father May I go to his house today after helping you?" You ask your father, you don't want him to worry about you.