Chapter 4

—————————

"Good morning manly men~" you greeted the men guarding the house of your friend, although you feel like being rude to them for their behavior towards Ying Zheng, unfortunately, they are guarding Ying Zheng's house.

"Good morning kid, are you here for the reject prince again?" Ask by one of the guards, which you felt so annoyed to hear.

You try so hard to calm yourself down, not wanting to ruin your morning.

"Mister Guard, he has a name so please kindly use it?" You look at them with your doe eyes that everyone in your house and even everyone who likes kids adores.

"Tsk... it's fine really, the brat wouldn't even care and would grin." The other male guard said.

"Yes, that reject prince is so creepy, we don't even know why we have to guard him." The first guard said. You can't help but clench your tiny fist in anger, for saying such bad things towards Ying Zheng.

'Then leave, he doesn't want you both here either...' you mumble underneath your breath, glaring daggers at the ground. If your looks can destroy? The ground must have split by now and killed a lot of people.

"What did you say little girl?" The guards ask.

You force a smile on your lips "I said, my feet are hurting, may I please come inside now?" You ask them in a force adorable tone, which you cringe inwards. If it weren't for the fact that you are worried about Ying Zheng you would have insulted them and kicked their crotches by now.

"Alright." The guard said and let's you in.

You heard the guard mumble something about you being unfortunate because of Ying Zheng, you bit your lower lip so hard when you heard that.

You see Ying Zheng sitting near the entrance asleep. You forgot you were just upset earlier seeing his peaceful face. You can't help but think.

'They are so unfair! How could they hate you, Ying Zheng?' You thought, and without your notice, tears stream down from your beautiful e/c eyes. For you the world seems unfair to kind people like Ying Zheng.

"N/N?" You heard a feminine voice behind you and Ying Zheng.

You turn around to face the woman who just called out to you. "Lady Chun Yan." A smile graces your lips when you see the woman you admire for being cool.

Chun Yan comes closer to you and wipes the tears that fall out from your eyes "were you crying N/N?" She asks in a gentle tone, almost mother-like.

"M-me? Was i?" You ask, more towards yourself than to the woman in front of you.

"Did anyone bully you?" Chun Yan asked a little sternly.

"N-no... I was just mad... upset..." you mumbled which she heard even with your low voice.

"Why? What are you upset about? Did you get scolded?" Chun Yan asks you, kneeling down in front of you to match your height because she's having a hard time wiping the tears on your face.

"Why do they hate Ying'er? He's so kind!" You would have shouted those words if you had not remembered that Ying Zheng is actually sleeping.

Chun Yan, with your words understand why you are crying now.

"Because... we're humans N/N." She replied, you look at her confused.

'What does that supposed to mean?' You thought.

Chun Yan sighs "you would not understand even if I tell you, you are too young."

"Try me, lady Chun Yan! I really want to know why people are so selfish to blame things on an innocent child." You replied to her doubt full of determination and also stubbornness.