Chapter 5

"N/N!" A familiar voice called out.

'This voice...' you thought.

"Jiàn Kāng? W-what are you d-doing here?" You ask, you don't even know why you are stuttering but all you could think is...

Ying Zheng...

"It's been a long time since you played with us so we tried to find you today." The boy replied with a smile.

The other playmate of yours stares at the little boy behind you. You are very worried when you feel them staring behind your back.

"Well... I was busy..." you tried not to sound too nervous, inside your chest your heart beats so loudly, not because of Jiàn Kāng or maybe yes because of him and your friends.

"That boy behind you..." Wei Lin muttered, Wei Lin is a gentle girl, so you have a high hope that he wouldn't hurt Ying Zheng.

"Oh... h-him." You gulp, wanting the ground to swallow you and Ying Zheng. You want to run away with Ying Zheng right now, away from them. Although they are your friends, although they have been nice you can't say what their reaction towards Ying Zheng will be. You can't risk anything that will hurt Ying Zheng.

"Is he the one your uncle is talking about? The reason why you don't play with us anymore?" Yong Wu asks with his eyebrow raised,Yong Wu is the most clingiest friend you have, he always seems to follow you around. He's also 2 years younger than you.

Yong Wu stares at Ying Zheng behind you with hatred... it's hatred but you feel like there's more to that hatred in his eyes, you don't think he knows that it's Ying Zheng the prince of Qin.

But you just ignore the feeling and cover Ying Zheng's view of them, you hope that Ying Zheng did not see the hatred Yong Wu is sending to him.

"So he's the reason why you are busy?" Xìng Rú ask, a girl 6 years older than you, she acts like a big sister to you. She also loves braiding your hair so you expected her to be the same towards Ying Zheng, but the way she sounded bitter, it looks like she hates him already.

"Wait... isn't he the prince of Qin?" Xia Qiu ask, you did not even notice that she was already there, Xia Qui is another older friend of yours. Xia Qiu is the 2nd eldest of their family. She's headstrong, also she's more likely to hate on Ying Zheng.

"T-that prince?!" Li Mei exclaimed, The youngest of their family. She's a mix of Xìng Rù, Xia Qiu, and Yong Wu's personality. Afterall, all 4 of them are siblings. Xìng Rù being the eldest of the Sun family, Xia Qiu being the second, and the third child and first son being Yong Wu, the youngest who got all of their characteristics mixed up, Li Mei.

The other playmates and friends gasp dramatically as if it's the most absurd thing.

"N/N, you should stay away from that boy! His family took away lots of people! He killed my father!" Yong Wu shouted with so much fury.

You bit your lip, anger can be seen in your expression, you were never really that good in hiding your anger, especially when it's about Ying Zheng. The Ying Zheng who took everyone's hate as if it was really his fault. You hated the people in Zhao for that.

"I agree with Yong Wu this Time N/N—" Xìng Rù said but got cut off by your sudden outburst. The gentle ever kind big sister figure in your eyes just betrayed the fate you have in her without her knowing.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" you shouted on the top of your lungs, not wanting to hear any more of their immaturity and stupidity. For them it sounded childish, whenever you throw a fit of anger it was all childish but this time for you it's not your childish tantrum anymore, it was the anger you feel for the little boy behind you, your best friend.