I picked up a lighter and...

I was going straight to the treehouse. I didn't know what was processing through my head. Gordie had really broke me, but he didn't care. After opening the trap door and I had an idea of exactly what I was going to do. Rummaging through bins and baskets, there was a lighter. Hot tears began welling in my eyes. Then I finally found a lighter in a bin. My vision was becoming blurry and my hands shook. The lighter wasn't the only thing I found; I had found a cigarette and our story. I never once had smoked once, but Chris told me it helped. The lighter was lit. I held the story over the flame, and was sobbing. I heard someone coming up the ladder hoping it was Vern, Vern made me laugh. Teddy, Teddy made me forget. Chris, Chris helped me relax. Gordie, Gordie was gone.

"I knew I could find you here." I looked up to unfamiliar, but familiar voice; it was Gordie.

I put my head down and cried. I began sobbing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't..."

"Just stop! Save your breath, what you said back there doesn't make any sense. Don't you dare think you'll be able to waltz up here and fix everything."

"You know I didn't mean those things..."

"Gordie, you left. You left us. You left me. I don't get it. You had it all, you had everything, with us. Then Holly comes along, you disappear without saying goodbye. You don't care about us. You don't care about writing, and you don't care about me."

"What I said wasn't true! I didn't mean it. Honestly." He closed the trap door. He locked it.

"You humiliated me in front of everyone! Whatever happened to being best friends? Remember? I forgot we were never friends." I had officially become nothing to him.

"I know what I said, I remember. I can't do it anymore. This was all Holly, it was her idea. Her setup. She wanted me to stay away from you. Clearly, it didn't work. She wanted me to treat poorly, so that you would forget me..."

"Gordie, I never would forget you." He walked over in front of me.

"May I sit here?" I nodded my head. We both stood up and climbed up to the roof. We looked at everything, but mostly the party. "I'm really sorry, and stupid. I can't believe I would do that to you, I hate Holly." I felt nothing, no emotion and couldn't even laugh. He put his arm around me.

"Gordie, I'm still hurt." I took his arm off me. "I forgive you, but I'm not going to forget. Setup or not, that's not how you should've treated me. It's pain..."

"I-I don't know how to make it go away..." He looked me in the eyes and leaned close, until our lips touched. I loved Gordie. No doubt. This was pain that needed some healing. It would take time before things were back to normal. He finally kissed me, but it wasn't how I wanted things to end. "To be honest, I liked you the very first time I saw you..." He said smiling. "Come on, let's go home."

We got down and I saw Teddy standing there trying to be happy. His head was down, when he looked at me he smiled. In his glasses, I could see a tear. He wasn't happy that Gordie was with me. Everyone started walking off, besides Teddy.

"Teddy, look at me. You are amazing, you've never once doubted me. I love you." I kissed his cheek. "We are going to have the best summer ever."

"So you and Gordie are now dating?"

"Teddy, we are back to being friends. I forgive him for what happened, but that's a lot to to forget. I'm just glad we're all back together." He smiled quickly.

"Maddy, what about our future? I saw you kiss Gordie, but now you're kissing me. You can't have us both. You have to choose. You must choose. Don't make me suffer. I understand if you date Gordie, but just tell me you don't like me. You just told me you love me..."

"Gordie kissed me. I do love you, you know that. Like I said, let's wait till summer. You know it'll be the best one."

As long as I had my bestfriends back, it was good.