Page 70

Christopher

The huge camera lens pointed at myself was an unexpected, yet alarming sight. "Mr. Williams" the man called my name, loud enough for the whole block to hear. He wore dark blue jeans, a black t shirt, running shoes and a black cap.

The paparazzi had his professional camera aimed in my face. He emerged from the bushes and began making his way to Al and myself with his eyes on the camera. Al grabbed my arm, taking a step back.

"Who the hell are you" Al asked in a defensive tone.

"The world wants to know, how's Janet's relationship with her daughter" the man completely walked past Al to run in front of me with the camera under my nose.

I looked at the man like he lost his mind right through the camera. "How is Janet handling everything right now, the internet isn't taking it easy on her" he just kept yapping his mouth about Janet.

My blood boiled and my hands began to shake. I looked past the camera and my tunnel vision was locked on the man like a target.

"Does this make you Stevanna's step-dad" he asked again. I wanted to make sure those were his last words. It was like Al could sense what was about to happen and tried his best to stop it. He took a step in front of me, he stood between the camera and I.

"Move Al" I mumbled. My feet were antsy and my patience was running thin. So I jumped around Al's side and I reached for the man's camera. He wore terror on his face and in his widened eyes.

I tossed the camera after snatching it from the man's hands. My adrenaline was pumping through my veins, in the moment I felt no wrong, so I went all in and tackled the man from his rib cage. I brought him down into the grass with my weight, he landed back into the grass and I could hear a loud thump.

I stood over him breathing heavily, in his face he held the pain scrunched up. He wheezed and hissed in pain, Al looked horrified before giving the man a hand to get up, the man lifted his hand. I wouldn't allow Al to help him so I pushed him.

He looked at me with his hostile glare. "What the hell is wrong with you" he scolded me.

"I didn't give this punk no permission to record me, he better be lucky I stopped there" I stated.

The man looked up at me from the ground with fear in his eyes. "I was just doing my fucking job, I'm gonna fucking sue you" he yelled.

I waved my hand like his words didn't bother me. "Come on let's go" I said to Al.

Al and I went back to his house, he let me in and began lecturing me as to why I was wrong for what I did. "Are you crazy, the camera was still recording, he might have audio or worse footage of you putting your hands on him"

"I know what I did, ight, I don't need to hear any lectures right now. Ima hear it from my wife later" I said stressed.

"Okay, you want a drink?"

The two of us decided to kick back on his leather couch with two beers, he put on some sports channels as we kicked back. Only fifteen minutes into watching a college football game and halfway into my cold beer, my phone began vibrating, call after call after call.

My legs were kicked up, I tried my best to ignore the phone and relax like I planned. In my right pocket my phone rumbled and my leg grew irritated.