A New Band

As I was playing the electric guitar, I heard someone call out to me. I got startled and almost dropped the electric guitar. I looked up to see who called my name because the voice didn't sound familiar.
"What're you doing?"
The girl stared at me. She looked like a third year, so I wasn't surprised. I looked up at her nervously, trembling underneath her. She towered over me, I was a bit scared.
"Answer me."
She was about to put her hands on me but I stood up quickly and put the electric guitar down.
"I was... just looking..."
I put my head down and grabbed my bag. I was for sure she was going to stop me. Well, she did, but I didn't expect what she was going to say.
"I liked it, you should be apart of one of the bands here."
She told me. I turned around to look at her.
"Really?.."
She nodded and walked out, so did I.
I was walking back down to the first floor but ran into a two girls I don't know on the second floor. They looked down at me and all giggled.
"Can we help you?"
The tall one asked. She smiled so sweetly, it was cute. I can't have another crush... that's not right.
"S-Sorry... I wasn't looking..."
I looked away.
"Hey, don't look away. We aren't mad, y'know?"
The shorter one smiled as she patted my head. I blushed, looking back at them. The shorter one was carrying an instrument. I didn't mean to say this, but I did anyways.
"...Are you two a duo?.."
I stared at the shorter one's instrument behind her. They both smiled.
"Mhm! We were looking for a third member!"
The tall one said. I tilted my head.
"O-Oh..."
I really want to join them. I really do.
"You wanna join?"
The shorter one smiled at me. I nodded.
"I-I'd like that..."
I smiled at them happily. The shorter one patted my head.
"Alright, Come on then."
We walked to their practice room. They opened the door and I looked around, a bit amazed.
"It's nice and cozy, ain't it?"
The shorter one smiled.
"Mhm... you guys never told me your names though..."
I looked at them.
"Oh! Right! My name is Adeline! And this one's Amber!"
Adeline was the taller one, she was blonde, light skinned, with brown eyes. She looked pretty!
Amber was the shorter one, she was a brunette, in between tones, with blue eye. She was super pretty too!
"What's your name?"
Amber looked at me with some sort of grin.
"A-AJ..."
They both chuckled.
"Well, what do you play AJ?"
Amber looked at me again while she was getting out her guitar.
"O-Oh... I do a bit of electric guitar..."
I smiled softly. Adeline patted my head softly.
"I play drums, and Amber plays bass!"
Adeline hugged me from behind.
"C-Cool..."
It felt awkward.
"You should bring your guitar, we have practice tomorrow."
Amber looked at me.
"Okay... Okay"
The bell rang. We grabbed our bags and headed out together.
"What do you like to do besides guitar AJ?"
Adeline smiled as she held my hand softly.
"Uh... Read... Color... Not much stuff..."
I chuckled as we left the school.
"AJ! You should come to my house! We're gonna cover the song we were going to do for the next performance!"
Amber grinned. I didn't trust it too much but I agreed, I don't even know why. I promised Bianca I'd go home with her. I felt bad. I broke a small promise.
"Y-Yeah... Coming..."
I saw Bianca leaving, without looking for me. So I ran after Amber and Adeline.
We walked to Amber's house to practice our new song. I'm a bit late for it, but I can probably learn it easily. After a couple minutes, we made it to Amber's house. As we went inside, I got a call from Bianca.
"I'll come inside soon, Just have to make a phone call."
I stayed outside and picked up the phone.
"AJ! Where were you?!"
Bianca yelled into the phone. I sighed.
"I'm at a friend's house. I'm gonna practice a song with them. I'm apart of a band now, Y'know? Well... I'm sure... you know."
She gasped lightly.
"W-Well I didn't have practice today... I thought you were by my car... I was busy with my friends too, y'know this."
"Well I wasn't... I'm a bit busy right now though, I'm sorry."
I ended the call and walked inside. I felt so guilty, I was mean for no reason. Amber and Adeline both looked at me as I walked inside.
"We don't have an electric guitar on us, so we were going to just read the lyrics. Do you think you can bring your own electric guitar tomorrow for practice?"
Adeline looked at me and smiled, reminding me again from earlier. I nodded and looked at my phone. I was being spammed by both Bianca and Beatrice. I ignored it, just like how they ignored me.
"So I'm gonna sing, You and Adeline can be back up vocals, you cool with that you two?"
Amber looked at us. She was the main singer, so neither of us minded. We talked for the rest of the night. I got a phone call from Bianca again, so I excused myself to a secluded room and picked up the phone.
"Yeah?"
"AJ! Finally you picked up! Why didn't you pick up my calls?"
"I'm busy..."
"Yeah, I am too! But I at least make time for you!"
"...Aren't you with your other friends"
"So?"
"You're only calling me because you either want something, or they aren't talking to you and you're bored. I don't wanna be your backup friend. Talk to me tomorrow in person, before school. I know were both gonna be busy for practice."
I ended the call. I told Amber and Adeline that I was gonna leave to go home.
"AJ, do you have a ride?"
Amber looked at me.
"I... Don't like cars, so it's okay..."
Adeline pouted slightly.
"I insist, I don't want you walking alone in the dark. It's dangerous."
Adeline smiled as she called her mom to pick us up. I sighed, hoping I wouldn't pass out in the car again. Adeline's mom took me home. As I walked inside, it smelled like cigarettes and wine. Wretched basically. I saw my mom, intoxicated, and my dad, asleep on the dining table. I walked up to my room and dressed out of my uniform, laying on my bed. I stared up at the ceiling.
I wish this was a dream.