Protection

As Adeline and I left the restroom, I felt my heart feeling weird. I didn't know what this feeling was but it overwhelmed me. I held onto Adeline's arm as we walked up to the roof. I forget Adeline's a second year, so that means she'll still be here my second year. I love her as a friend. We made it to the roof, she opened the door and looked at me with a soft and gentle smile. It was absolutely adorable. As I was thinking that Adeline's smile was cute, I heard slowly start speaking and seeing her mouth move.
"AJ! You okay? You look like you zoned out!"
I smiled softly at her worriedness. Not because she was worried, but because she cared about me.
"I'm okay, thanks for asking Adeline..."
I smiled back at her. We sat down near the edge of the roof. I heard slight foot steps behind us. I didn't know who it was so I slowly turned around. As I did, I saw Amber walking towards us. It was weird and I didn't know what to do, so I tapped Adeline on the shoulder. She turned around to se Amber attempt to push her off. This all happened so quickly, I was confused. I grabbed onto Adeline's arm out of impulse. I struggled to pull her up, I didn't want to say she was heavy, I'm just weak. I heard Amber behind me, so I flung my leg back and I hit something with my foot, I don't know what, but it was enough for me to pull Adeline up. I heard Amber yell in pain. As I turned back, I saw amber holding onto her shin and clenching it tightly. I saw no blood, so it didn't worry me.
"AJ! WHAT THE HELL??!"
I heard Amber yell towards me as I hugged Adeline softly.
"Why would you try to push Adeline off, Amber? AMBER!"
I started to yell as I saw her slowly start to pass out. I got up away from Adeline and shook Amber awake. I saw Amber slowly start to look at me with sleepy and droopy eyes. All I felt was fear.
"AJ?.."
I shook her slightly. I then looked back at Adeline and crawled towards her.
"Are you okay Adeline?"
I held onto Adeline's shoulder as she nodded, leaning on my shoulder. Why was today so chaotic? I looked back but saw no Amber. I saw the door was opened, and when we came to the roof, we closed the door. So, I'm assuming Amber left. I just hugged Adeline's side, I never want to leave her side. I want to be big and strong to protect her. I want to protect her. I want to be strong, for her. I want to be hers.

An Hour Later

I slowly woke up with Adeline's head, lying on my lap. I felt a small smile creep up on my face. She looked adorable while she was sleeping too. I rubbed my head and looked around, it was about sunset already. I took out my phone from my cardigan's pocket and looked at the time. It was about 4:30pm (16:30pm). I patted Adeline's head to wake her up. I saw her slowly lift her head up and off my lap which made me smile. I loved being with Adeline. This wasn't the same feeling that I felt with Bianca. I loved Adeline. She makes me feel like a person. I've never felt this was around Bianca. Now, I realized that Bianca and Beatrice aren't in love with me, rather, they're obsessed. Adeline makes me feel loved and appreciated. She makes me feel like she wants me for me, not for my soft, gentle, and quiet demeanor.
"AJ?.. What time is it?"
I looked at my phone again.
"It's 4:32 (16:32)"
I smiled at her as she slowly got up. My legs felt numb but it was worth it. She looked adorable. I saw her stretch and her lifted up. I looked away and slowly got up too. I picked up our backpacks and looked off the edge of the roof. It was so beautiful. I loved the sunset. Just like how I love Adeline. I loved Adeline way more than a sunset though. I heard footsteps behind me, and as I was about to turn around, I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pull me into a soft and gentle embrace. I felt Adeline nuzzle her face into my shoulder as well. I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks.
"Adeline?.."
I looked up at her as she slowly let me go. I saw a small smile on her face.
"Thank you AJ"
I smiled back at her. She was so beautiful, I just can't stop admiring her and how nice she can be.
"Of course, Adeline"
I nodded as we walked down to the first floor and exit the building. I felt her gaze at me a couple times but I never bothered to look back. I got to flustered to look back at her. We got to the first floor, as I carried her bag. I felt her wrap her arms around my own. It made me blush slightly. As Adeline and I continued our way towards the exit of the school, I felt a hand grab onto my shoulder. I looked back to see Bianca, staring at me with crazed eyes.
"Where have you been AJ?"
I made eye contact with Bianca as she tightened her grasp on my shoulder. I felt slightly scared because I knew what Bianca could do. She scares me. I felt Adeline slowly let go of my arm, as I heard her shoes hit the flooring.
"She's been with me all day. Is that a problem, Bianca?"
Adeline was starting to stand up for me, but why? This was problem, why was she protecting me? What is she doing? We walked away from Bianca and out of the building as Bianca stood there. I could even feel the heat of her anger.
This is all my fault.