chapter 3

“When did you turn into… this?”

What the fuck was I thinking? I used to change this girl’s diapers. How did I not notice who she was the moment I laid eyes on her? I know it’s been years since I’ve seen her, but I should have known.
Tears immediately fill her eyes.

“And what exactly is this? A whore? Sorry to be such a disappointment, Nolan.”

“Andi, wait. That’s not what I meant. Just wait a minute and cut me some slack. I’m just a little shocked at the moment,” I stammer, trying to give my brain a chance to catch up with my mouth.

Andi swipes at her eyes as she locates her clothes and slides them back onto her body. “I think you said plenty. Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

She doesn’t even spare me a backward glance as she heads out of the room.
It takes me a few minutes to register that she left me in the room, alone, after the best sex I have ever had in my life.

The one thing I know is that no matter how good that was, it can never happen again.

Now I just have to convince myself to abide by the statement I just made.

                       POV : ANDI

I barely make it over the threshold into our apartment before I hear my father’s voice.

“Look at what the cat dragged in.”
Damn it. I look up and meet his eyes. He is sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for the coffee to brew, with a plate of rye toast slathered in butter in front of him.“How goes it, Pops?” I drop my keys on the small table near the door and hang my bag on the hook as I head into the kitchen.

Taking a glance at the clock, I notice it’s almost four a.m. Shit.

I knew Nolan and I closed the bar down, but I didn’t expect our sexcapade to have lasted that long. When the coffee finishes brewing, I pour us both a cup before I start feeling my dad out.

He’s always been an early riser, but this is unusual.

“What has you up this early? Anxious about the film crew arriving today?”
He places his coffee cup down on the table before pushing back. “Thanks for the reminder, pumpkin. I need to get downstairs and make sure everything is ready for them.

They’ll be here in a few hours. But I was more worried about my little girl who didn’t come home last night.”

“Oh, Pops, you don't have to worry about me. I’m in the lodge, of all places. How much trouble could I get into? I drank a little too much and didn’t want to wake you when I came back so I stayed in Ivy’s room.”

I turn around and give my dad a smile, hoping he buys my bullshit. The last thing I need right now is to deal with my dad knowing I fucked Nolan.

“The least you could have done was called. I was worried.” He plants a kiss on my forehead and wraps me in his arms, pulling me into his chest for a hug.