In the mind of the Gods

With a scream of pain and hatred, Kharn soul returned to his lord.

The skulls of countless creatures crunched before the Champion of Khorne's knees as he remembered the sensation of his body being torn apart by the Warp's entropy, an animal roar erupting from his mouth before he looked up into the gaze of the immeasurable being he served. Made Kharn's anger go out like a candle in a hurricane.

In the midst of the Brass Citadel, Khorne himself gazed at him as he sat on his throne made of skulls, a being as titanic as a billion mountains looking down upon him, the black armor atop his body seeming to shimmer like suns themselves superimpo...

In the midst of the Brass Citadel, Khorne himself gazed at him as he sat on his throne made of skulls, a being as titanic as a billion mountains looking down upon him, the black armor atop his body seeming to shimmer like suns themselves superimposed on the utter blackness. Like a black hole, the only thing visible being the two blood-red eyes and glowing like fiery pulsars, Kharn himself couldn't feel himself to be anything more than an ant seeing a living star.

Kharn looked at the giant Flesh Hounds that stood by his God's side, growling throatily, but none of that mattered to him.

Not the titanic chaos beings around him, not the daemon princes battling in the depths of the Warp, none of that mattered to Kharn beyond the fact that he had failed his God.

He knelt as any foul servant of the Corpse-Emperor would, raising his arms and lowering his head in obedience. "I am not worthy of being in his divine presence, I have failed you, my lord. Please destroy my essence, only in oblivion could I redeem my failure against you"

"Get...Up..."

In the Warp, the laws of physics no longer existed, it was a matter of moving the non-reality that surrounded them, too complex to explain in a way that a mortal being could understand.

What traveled was not sound but the will of Khorne.

If collective conscious of all the violence since the first multicellular organism discovered that it could kill another to gain something wanted it to rise, Kharn rose.

As soon as he did, his eyes widened at what he saw with greater definition. "…My…my lord…your… your throne"

The infinitely growing throne of skulls of the first of the chaos gods to be born was fractured from the bottom to the top.

"You did not lose against any being, that is why I grant you flesh to fight again instead of consuming your soul" Khorne's voice was not something that could be described in words, thunderous, guttural, and yet for all the anger he represented… he never spoke wildly.

Khorne had been the first Chaos God to begin gestating in the Warp, any violent event even before the War in Heaven had fueled him.

However, from the beginning of his existence, Khorne had found himself bored with his existence.

He was following the Great Game for pure entertainment, because if he really wanted to, he could go against his other brothers, kill and consume them and their legions… and nothing would change, he would continue to exist on his ever-growing throne of skulls without even thinking about a single moment of his existence being able to have some worthy rival.