CHAPTER IV

( IM SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING 😰, i kinda forgot my login info and almost got locked out of my acc, Will Try to post double chapters this week )

Another boring week, after that little incident you learned not to interact with the doppelgängers as much. You met your neighbors in this apartment. A lot of them were quite friendly. One day you had met Francis's wife, well ex-wife was a better way to put it. She was incredibly friendly towards you, but something felt off. Everything she did felt like it masked who she truly was. 

"Where is your I.D.?" You raised an eyebrow, tired. It was a long day and you wanted to go home. She had walked in with her daughter. As you completed the forms you watched their interaction. She had a bright smile on her face, her daughter looked.... Grumpy. 

"Does she talk much?" You nodded towards her daughter. Her daughter looked up at you and glared.

"She's very introverted, similar to her father. She's very quiet." She smiled and replied looking at you. After having a small conversation with her you soon became friends. Her name was Nacha, her daughter had a name similar to hers Anastacha. You both agreed to meet up and talk to each other tonight and hang out. While walking up towards your apartment you saw Francis. He looked a bit upset. You walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and stared at you worried. 

"Oh, Hi..." He smiled awkwardly, you examined his face it looked like it had gotten a lot worse since you had tried to patch things up. You reached your hand out and held his face examining it, he froze in place and his face grew bright red.

"W-what are y-you doing?" He stuttered watching your every move

"Making sure you're okay." You huffed, and looked at the bruises and cuts on his face. You grabbed onto his wrist and led him to your  apartment. As you took your shoes off you went to go grab the first aid kit you had kept in your bathroom. You walked out you found him sat down on one of your chairs, he took his hat off and ran his hand through his hair nervously. 

( small gore warning, just thought I'd say since some people don't like that stuff  described )

You peeled off the bandages, they had stuck to his face, the wounds were scabbing and there was redness near them. The bruises near his face had swelled up and were filled with a liquid, of some sort. There was small welts that had been picked open and were deeply infected. You didn't want to touch them so you just stared disgustedly. Quickly, you cleaned each scab, cut, bruise, of any bacteria that caused such infections. he asked you a question with curiosity, surprised you were doing this. He wanted to know why you cared for him. 

"You saved me, I repay the favor" you continued putting bandages on his face as he sat there. After you finished you told went to throw away all the dirty scraps you used to clean his face. He followed you. As you washed off the tweezers. He hugged you, from behind. He buried his face into your hair and muttered something

"Thank you."

"Hm?" 

"Never mind" he stood up and walked away. , Panicked, he had left so suddenly. As you went into your restroom, to clean yourself up to meet up Nacha you thought about the whole interaction. It seemed strange, it felt like he could have caught feelings, For you? No, that'd be impossible, He's more invested in his job. 

Stop doubting yourself dumbass

Great now your own thoughts were making fun of you, that makes it even better. 

( Next chapter, Y/N will meet up with nacha, thank you for reading 🥴 )