Chap. 49 - Choppas, Dakkas, Teef and Whaaaaag!!!

The followers of the horde champion erupted in a sudden war cry. Seeing the great Ghazghkull in his most glorious form made their warlike hearts burst with excitement. The big greenskin had an imposing aura, as his chainsaw and claws roared with death and violence.

Kanan felt a chill run through his body. From the beginning, he struggled for this conflict to reach the point of hand-to-hand combat, but now he seemed to be regretting that decision. His fists tightened on his war axe, ready to attack his opponent when he found the slightest opening, but great was his surprise when it was Ghazghkull himself who launched the attack.

Although slower than the challenger, the great green leg possessed the nature of a hurricane. Slow in pace, but with unprecedented destructive power. His claws and the teeth of his chainsaw were desperate to taste the flesh of his enemy, and he lunged at his prey like an unrestrained beast.

Kanan had to make the best use of his skills. His agile feet did their best to keep his opponent at a safe distance, but trying to retreat in a circular coliseum was impossible.

The white-haired ork desperately searched for an opening, his body ducking away from the onslaught of his adversary's weapons, his spear interposing between the deadliest attacks. The clash of metal with metal made the heavens shake, while sparks flew dangerously in all directions.

Kanan managed to land several blows against his opponent, but none with enough force to penetrate his armor. Ghazghkull could not reach his adversary, but he knew that the slightest touch could be fatal. A titanic struggle between strength and agility... Between raw power and subtlety... The constant fight between the immovable rock and the river that tries to drag it away with its flow.

Metal is hard, but not eternal. Both the edge of Kanan's ax and the claws and teeth of Ghazghkull's chainsaw were beginning to suffer from wear. The head of the war ax lost its edge and lethality before the impenetrable armor of the great green, while the shaft of the weapon suffered first from the claws and teeth that tried to slice its bearer.

The echo of the impacts resonated in everyone's ears. The followers of the great warlord shouting with excitement; the challenger's followers gulping in the face of uncertainty. Even the most skeptical aeldaris feared the fate of the white-haired ork... A fate that was unfortunately linked to their own.

Kanan roared with vigor every time he landed a blow that should have been fatal, but that the big green's armor could withstand. The challenger's strength was overwhelming, and a section of Ghazghkull's armor was already beginning to sag from the repeated times that the challenger managed to land a precise blow... Always in the same place... Like a miner chipping a hard rock.

Ghazghkull could feel his shell cracking, but he was focused more on reaching that damn sneaky rat than on defending himself... After all, it had been a long time since he felt this much adrenaline from single combat.

Despite the challenger's concentration and determined face, the big green's facial expression seemed not to match the situation. Ghazghkull was the bearer of a wide smile, one of satisfaction and complacency.

The prophet of Armaggedon laughed with satisfaction at this gift from the gods. A war gift in the form of this peculiar challenger. He had been born for war, and battle ran through his veins and metal cables. This weakling who came to challenge his authority more than met his expectations, and awakened in him the excitement of a good fight... Something he hadn't felt since the last time he faced Cursed Eye.

But sooner or later, in every conflict, the breaking point is reached. Kanan landed an impressive blow on the large ork, right in the same place where the noticeable deformation in Ghazghkull's armor could already be seen.