after midnight

song of the chapter: after midnight // blink-182

-

every day they fell more and more, just like autumn leaves. the loneliness was gone for good, at least that was what she thought. lips against skin, hands connected together. there was something she couldn't see, it wasn't quite clear.

they never had a specific moment in which they could define the meaning of their relationship. you could say they were together for sure. sam just didn't want any compromise, but it takes two people to tango you know? a relationship won't hold if its only one that is trying.

things changed. nothing stays the same. luke admitted he was falling for the girl he met weeks earlier, even though he stated that he'd never fall in love. michael felt less insecure about his voice and embraced his guitar skills. sam's dad tried to stop drinking, maybe he realized how much he damaged his daughter. ashton encouraged sam to stop skipping school, and sam finally opened up to new people.

but out of all the new things, there was something that would change everyone's lives in the next 24 hours. i guess nothing goes as planned.

ashton and sam were smoking cigarettes in the rooftop, they both watched the sunset as dailight set in.

"you know the new song we wrote a month ago?" ashton let out a cloud of smoke as black as charcoal.

"um, wrapped around your finger?" she hesitantly asked.

"yea, that one." ashton couldn't contain his excitement. "well, a record company called... they loved the song"

"ashton oh my god" she dropped her cigarette to the floor, knowing what he was going to say.

"we got a record deal" he finally let those words out. sam was surprised. not because she didnt believe in him, but this was a "one in a million" chance.

"i knew you'd make it one day" sam wrapped her arms around ashton's muscular torso, then she kissed his cheek.

"thanks for believing in me. you were the only one that truly understood." he hugged her back as he connected their lips together.

"we are celebrating tonight in the bar down the street, you should come" his hand rested on her waist. ashton passed his cigarette to her and she inhaled a fair amount of tobacco. sam's head rested on his shoulder

"i dont want to ruin your dude night" she let out a laugh. sam wasn't the type of girl that forced his boyfriend to spend more time with her than his friends. she gave him space and she didnt want to disrupt or obstruct. sam was just different like that, she didnt wanted to be a burden in anyone else's life.

"you won't. luke is taking a girl too, we just wanna have fun and celebrate, this is an important moment in our lives"

"i don't know..." a fresh mist gently hit her face, making her feel chills.

"c'mon sam, it'll be fun" he insisted a couple times. he even got on his knees "samantha, would you like to come to an adult restaurant with me and my dearest friends to consume alcohol?"

"oh my god don't do that, its weird" a small laugh escaped from her lips.

"just go" hugging her again, he stood up. "i'll see you  there at midnight"  taking her cigarette away from her, ashton slowly backed away to the fire stairs. leaving her alone in the rooftop.

-

//sam//

its already midnight and i'm not even ready. i went to a library after ashton left me in the rooftop wondering what else i could do today. libraries are quiet and peaceful and thats fine for me. you can discover a hell of new things there. sometimes i just observe college students having mental breakdowns about how much information they need to proccess. sometimes i find couples at the back of the shelves making out or doing whatever hormonal teens do. and the best thing is just how people look impressed about so much history. maybe i'm weird  but i just like to observe everything around me. thinking keeps me distracted.  i think about everything a lot, maybe more than i should. they say sometimes people use thought to not participate in life, and maybe that's exactly what i'm doing.

the book that i randomly pulled out of a dusty shelve was more interesting that i thought. im not much of a reader but sometimes i do enjoy reading. packing my small backpack, i made my way to the subway, since walking to the bar would take me at least 2 hours or so. some people hate the subway but i absolutely love it. i don't know what is it but i really like to spend time there. its cheap, fast and desolate.

once i got out of the subway in the closest station to the bar, i plugged in my headphones and decided to walk 3 blocks to get there.

after a brief moment of walking while listening to music, i spotted the bar ashton told me. i unplugged my headphones and put them on my bag, getting ready for what was gonna happen next.

-

//luke//

i've never seen michael this drunk. he was legit shirtless dancing on top of a table. i had to throw a cold glass of water at him because if he didnt calm down, i was sure we were gonna get kicked out. calum was just sitting in a corner wondering what life is and i had no idea where ashton was. it was like if i was the dad of three extremely rebel and hormonal teens. it was horrible.

let's say i was the only sober person in the bar, just because leah was here. i did have 2 or 3 shots but it takes me way more to get drunk. i didnt want leah to have a bad impression of me because im a complete idiot when im drunk and i really cared about what she thought about me. i decided to go outside and smoke a cigarette since michael was calmed and calum was inoffensive while being drunk, the worst thing calum could do is fall asleep.

it was about 1am when i decided i needed a cigarette and went out of the bar. i left leah talking with calum, they were having a serious conversation about soccer and i didnt even like that type of stuff plus i kind of needed some time alone to process everything about the record deal.

i found sam walking towards me just when i stepped out of the bar.

"hi luke!" a smile was on her face as she said so.

"hi sam! you're finally here!" i pulled her into a hug.

sam may be ashton's girlfriend but i consider her my friend too. she is a really good listener. whenever we talk about our problems she just nods and listens to me, i guess that's how girls are? since i live with three guys im never able to talk about my feelings or all that type of girly stuff. it feels good to have a friend like that you know?

"ashton is inside" i nodded, answering the question she was about to ask.

"okay thanks" she took my cigarette and inhaled for a moment, then she gave it back to me.

"wait, i'll go with you" i threw away my cigarette and stepped on it, walking inside the bar behind sam.

my eyes scanned the room, looking for ashton or leah. my heart dropped and shattered in pieces when i found them both by the bar, making out.

-

plot twist lolz

im back! im gonna update more i promise

a lot happened since i updated!
i met 5sos again, school started, i got a job etc etc

leah is kind of luke's girlfriend, you'll know more about her later, dont be mad at her, she's really nice.

well have fun having a mental breakdown with this small yet dramatic chapter, i'll probably update again today idk ily all