𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖 | 𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐈 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐏𝐓. 𝟐

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡ 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧
.⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

ATAMI, SHIZUOKA 2005

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

𝐚𝐥𝐭. 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

THE MOTOR HUMS a steady backdrop to your pulse, both accelerating as the boat cuts through the waves, drawing ever nearer to the island's secretive shore.

hidden behind the grandeur of the hotel, the world seems to hold its breath, succumbing to the curse's aura, a bitter taste on the tip of your tongue.

"scared?" satoru's voice cuts through the tension, his body leaning down, blocking your line of sight.

"as if," you retort, sidestepping him making your way towards the hotel.

"are you going to put up the veil?"

"how do you know if i have it on or not?"

"you don't."

and with that, he faces the ocean, his silhouette outlined by the setting sun. two fingers rise in silent prayer before his face.

"emerge from the darkness, blacker than darkness. purify that which is impure."

the incantation is a soft murmur, but its effect is immediate—a dome of darkness blooms in the sky, swallowing the area around the hotel in an inky embrace, sealing away the unseen everything else.

as your gaze fixes on the veil, it seals with an ominous thud to the island's embrace. in the next heartbeat, the air turns heavy, and from the building's shadow, a curse spirit surges forth.

as it moves, the world seems to tremble, and from its form, bits of its curse energy breaking free, hurtling towards you like shards of a dark, shattered dream.

with no moment to spare, you unleash your cursed technique, a silent command that sets the air ablaze with invisible force, deflecting the incoming maelstrom.

"you got this!" the encouragement comes from below.

ribbons of energy coil around you, lifting you skyward, away from the ground's false safety.

"huh?!" disbelief colors your shout, "you're not going to help me?!"

and he doesn't, staring up at you with a smile playing on his lips, waving as if you were off on a mundane adventure.

you groan, the sound lost to the rush of air as you redirect your ascent towards the monstrous form.

your hands come together, fingertips touching, and you speak your curse technique like a prayer, soft and resolute.

"unmei no ito o tsumugu," you intone, and the air around you shivers slightly.

each ribbon spirals outwards causing the curse spirit to snarl, as it gets overpowered by light.

your lips move, and they surge further forward.

they bind the spirit, not with brute force, but in a way where it seems to calm down.

with a final pull, the spirit is unraveled, its being dissipating beneath the false night of the veil.

you're still catching your breath from the chaos, the dust in the air coating your tongue with the taste of debris when you hear it—a low whistle from satoru, "nice."

annoyance flickers across your face, your brows drawing together as you prepare to let loose a sharp retort, but the scene shifts abruptly.

a chunk of the hotel wall, loosened by the earlier commotion, hurls itself towards him.