𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝟏𝟎

⋆౨ৎ˚ 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐬𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝, 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?

. ˚ ˚

SHIBUYA, TOKYO 2006

˚ ˚

THE LIGHT from your phone screen is soft, a gentle glow against the darkened interior of the van. the emails from yuusuke are lined up one after the other, a parade of meticulous planning and keigo that's almost comical in its precision.

you know that the film schedule is serious business, but the over-politeness makes it feel like you're reading a letter from the past.

"you could be a manager," you muse, the words floating in the space between the two of you, as you lounge in the spacious back of the van.

yuusuke flinches at the comment, the tiniest of movements, but you catch it.

"that's not a compliment..." he says, and the look on his face is so earnest, it draws another laugh from you.

"you and seiji both dress the same," you observe, the observation slipping out as you lean back against the plush seat.

"are you a fan of ren?" the question is innocent enough, but it strikes a chord, and yuusuke bristles at the comparison.

"there's no way me and that demon lord dress the same!" he protests.

"demon lord?" the question is out before you can think.

"he always has me doing everything for him, scheduling," yuusuke's voice is a mix of exasperation and pride, as he rants on about his reluctant loyalty to the 'demon lord'.

"then why don't you stop?" your question is simple, cutting through his frustrations like a knife.

"that's because—" he starts, but the words seem to choke him, "he's just crazy."

he exhales sharply, tapping the side of his head as if to emphasize his point. "sometimes he's not all there."

"if i left him alone, he'd end up killing himself," he admits.

"i see," you respond.

"is that all?"

you nod, affirming with a hum.

"you're interesting [name]-chan," he says, and there's a new warmth in his voice, "usually when i tell the other actresses they try to pull something, trying to be his savior."

"but seiji doesn't want to be saved, right?" you say, the words soft, "i can tell by his face."

"so you understand," he smiles, a flash of teeth in the dim light, "i'm looking forward to working with you."

and you nod, the motion a silent agreement in the quiet of the van.

"anyways, i'm more of a naoki fan, than ren," yuusuke says, his voice a gentle shift in the conversation.