𝐖𝐀𝐑-𝐑-𝐑

.⋆ ˚。⋆ ˚

SHIBUYA, TOKYO 2006

˚ ˚

THE SUMMER heat draped over shibuya like a heavy silk, the air vibrating with the city's ceaseless energy. even as the sun began to set, the heat was still persistent.

suguru towered over satoru, who was slumped on the bench, his body slightly leaning forward—his posture seemingly dejected.

"are you okay with this?" his voice was almost lost in the bustle of the city.

"'are you okay with this?'" satoru repeats breathlessly with a sense incredulity tinging it, a soft chuckle followed along with it tinged with bitterness. "that's it?"

he folded in on himself, his head coming to rest on the arms that lay heavy on his knees, his whole body seeming to shrink away from the weight of his admission.

"it's not about ending anything—i'm giving up. i can't do anything about it."

"can you really give up on [name]?"

his sigh was a white flag in the sweltering heat, "what else can i do?" he murmured, his voice barely audible over the hum of the city. "we can't get close no matter what we do..."

but, was this even true?

"gojo!" the sudden call of a feminine voice cut through his thoughts.

both their heads snapped up, searching for the owner of the voice in the sea of faces—to see shoko weaving herself way through the crowd.

"i've been looking for you," she said when she finally reached them, her eyes flicking between the two of them. "why would you say all of that to [name]?"

"of course i understand you're pissed," satoru's says to her was a murmur lost in the sweltering heat.

"but this is too much!" shoko's exclamation sliced through the heavy air, her frustration palpable. "you're being too selfish."

"you know, the problem isn't with me," he defends, and his voice softens, "it's [name]."

"she's being stubborn in her own way—" he tried to explain, but shoko was having none of it.

"it's you who's being stubborn, gojo." she interjects.

and then, a laugh from satoru, airy and light, a contrast to the weight of his words. "maybe, i just can't deal with it anymore. it's not about dumping someone or being dumped anymore."

"what," she breathes, the shadows of the ginkgo leaves above casting on her face, "so you can just walk away so easily?"

satoru rose from the bench, his movement a ripple in the stillness. "this isn't about what's in your head," he said, his hand finding his chest, fingers pressing against the fabric over his heart. "it's about what's in your heart."

"basically i'm over it," he says, and with those final words, he walked away, leaving shoko and suguru behind, his figure receding into the throng, just another face in the crowd.

˚˖𓍢ִ໋˚˚୨🦢୧⋆。⊹˚. ♡ྀི

the soft shush of your shoes on the wooden flooring was the only sound reaching your ears as you navigated the school's hallway, your fingers instinctively brushing a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

walking with your head down, lost in thought, you didn't even notice him passing you.

"are you leaving?" you hear, and instinctually you lift up your gaze.