Cocktail Party

Gabriel Agreste's private jet lands on the runway of an international airport in New York City. The flight was extensive, and although they've just landed, Gabriel cannot wait until it's time for him to return home.

Public events in which Gabriel is required to attend have always annoyed him. But when such events are out of the country, the annoyance is greater. Yet, Gabriel is aware he must maintain a certain image, which means there are times he must leave the comfort of his home and put on a face as the creator and designer of his own fashion brand.

Having his assistant Nathalie with him is always a relief. Her intellectual ability to work with him, especially under a tight schedule is impressive. But more than his assistant, Gabriel considers Nathalie his friend. She's the only one he can trust and honestly the only person he can work with without feeling irritated.

After all, Nathalie is the only one who knows he's Shadow Moth, the feared villain of Paris. And that will forever be Gabriel's biggest secret.

"Ugh, we just got here and I can't wait to get home." Gabriel says in an angry tone as he steps off the plane.

"Relax Gabriel, it'll only be for a week. Besides, you know you weren't able to skip this one."

Nathalie grabs onto hers and Gabriel's luggage, and helps the flight attendant place them on the push cart.

———

As they make their way through the overly crowded city, Gabriel's eyes casually land on Nathalie who sits quietly beside him. Her presence will definitely make this week much more tolerable for him. He realizes how lucky he is to have her by his side, knowing very well he wouldn't be able to do half of the things he does if he didn't have her unconditional support.

Nathalie turns and looks at him, noticing his gaze on her. "Is everything okay, Gabriel?"

"Yes" he quickly responds. "Just, thank you for being here Nathalie."

"I'm just doing my job, sir." She says and then softly smiles at him and turns her eyes to look out the car window once again.

Once inside her hotel room, Nathalie begins to unpack her suitcase. She carefully pulls out the clear garment bag in which the light blue cocktail dress she will be wearing tonight is in.

Although they've just arrived, Gabriel must attend a cocktail party in the evening. New York's most prominent people and members of high society will be in attendance tonight.

Gabriel will also be meeting with a few consumers later in the week, as well as visiting his store on 5th Avenue in Manhattan. Therefore, Nathalie must sort out the material he will be showcasing for the consumers and set everything up for his visit at Gabriel's.

There's still a few hours until they must leave for the cocktail party. Nathalie uses her time to get ahead on her work. Emails are sent and answered, and she hopes she's able to complete all her work for the given week.

———

While working on her computer, Nathalie gets a knock at her door.

An employee from the hotel has another garment bag, except this one is of a dark color. She knows it contains Gabriel's attire for tonight.

Nathalie receives the bag and thanks the young man to then quickly walk over to Gabriel's room and hand him his clothes.

She gives a soft knock to his door, hoping Gabriel hasn't fallen asleep since he had mentioned he was rather sleepy after the flight.

After a few seconds, Gabriel opens the door and lets Nathalie in the room.

"Here's your clothes for tonight, sir."