40. Cute

The next chapter's synopsis is at the end.

Make my day by Voting and commenting!❤️

1.40k+ votes, 200+ comments :)

♪Tum Agar Sath Dene Ka Vada Karo

KARTIKEYA'S POV

"The soup is for you," the househelp said, placing the bowl in front of Nikita, who sat to my right in the second chair. 

She nodded, bringing the spoon to her mouth. She wore an off-white dress that belonged to Anandita, and I couldn't help but feel displeased seeing her in my wife's clothes. Yet, my wife had willingly given the nurse her dress for Nikita.

My eyes shifted from Nikita to my wife, seated to my right, dressed in a white floral knee-length dress that made her look like the softest dream from my childhood. She had her fork poised over a piece of apple, her brows furrowed as if she were trying to understand Nikita. But what was so intriguing about her?

She questioned why I told Nikita that Anandita and I were married, but I didn't see the need to explain. Nikita must have noticed the ring on my finger, binding my wife and me together. So, what's the point?

In a fit of rage, I fucked Anandita, partly because she was more concerned about a stranger and partly because she gave Nikita her dress. I used the excuse of being in celibacy for three days, which was somewhat true, but the first reason was more compelling.

I wanted attention. "Anandita, why aren't you eating your meal?" I said forcefully, breaking her gaze. She shrugged and looked at me, but I could feel Nikita's eyes on me too.

"I'm eating," she said, her cheeks still flushed from our makeout session. 

Damn, I'm already hard again. She looks so beautiful, I can't resist her. I want to bury myself in her every chance I get, but I have to pretend to be sane, so I keep it to a minimum.

She picked up a piece of apple from her bowl and brought it to her plump lips, still tinged with the pink hue from my kisses. She chewed it slowly, savoring the taste. 

I took a sip from my coffee cup, enjoying the rich flavor. It's my second cup of the day.

Earlier this morning, we visited the gynecologist for her pregnancy test, and, yes, she was pregnant. Christ, I felt so overwhelmed on the way home from the news. I never expected my heart to swell this much, or my nerves to thump so loudly with confirmation.

The doctor prescribed medication for Anandita to help with the nausea during the first trimester of her pregnancy and checked her thyroid too. The report is okay for now.

"Mrs. Oberoi, would you like tea or warm milk?" the househelp asked Anandita, and I waited for her reply.

Anandita usually prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She claims she enjoys cooking, but now I don't want her to exert herself, especially since she's been experiencing nausea.