12. Memories

April 6th, 2023; Iowa City, Iowa

Chapter 12.

Narrative; Flashbacks; iMessage

3rd POV;

Olivia is in her bedroom, laying on her bed with her childhood dog, Maxine. Scrolling on her phone, her face full of makeup as she waits for the time to turn 3:00 PM.

Once it does, she says goodbye to Maxine by giving her a kiss on the head, heading downstairs she says goodbye to her parents and younger sister.

"Wait a second, Olivia." Her mom says, making Olivia come to a halt.

"Remember after hanging out with Michael you need to take your sister to her friend's house." She says while cutting up some vegetables to cook.

"Okay, I'll be back in like an hour or so, bye!" Olivia's voice coursed through the kitchen as she heads to the door, giving her sister, Eileen, a soft kiss on the head before leaving.

Getting into her car she opens her playlist, the first song being a Lana Del Rey song. Driving there she sings out her heart, not knowing she was in for something.

Liv arrived at Michael's house, parking in the driveway as she grabs the spare key he gave her. Unlocking the door she's greeted by his German shepherd whom she loved dearly.

Getting near to the stairs she's started to hear some lewd noises.

Hearing this Olivia goes into a state of shock. Saying a silent prayer hoping that when she enters the room it's not what she's thinking.

She reaches his bedroom, her shaky hands reaching the doorknob. Slowly she twists it unfolding the events happening.

"Elle?" Olivia's shaky voice is heard by the pair on the bed as they stop their actions and turn to look at her with horror in their eyes.

They quickly cover themselves up as Olivia stands there in shock. Her own sister was sleeping with her boyfriend. She couldn't believe what was happening.

Without saying a word Liv turns around shutting the door while hearing Elle and Michael call out for her. The bed shuffling from the pair getting up and getting clothed.

Olivia quickly gets down the stairs as she speed walks to her car. Opening the door she turns on her car, reversing out the driveway as she sees Elle, barefoot, in shorts and a tank top calling out for her.

She drives back to her house, in silence. Gripping onto the steering wheel as tears threaten to spill from her eyes.

She doesn't care that Michael cheated on her, it wasn't the first time. All she cared about was Elle, why would Elle do this to her? Especially after knowing everything he did.

Olivia pulls up to her own driveway, turning off the car and slamming the door behind her as she unlocks her door. Her mom checks who arrived and catches Olivia's eyes with a confused look.

"Honey, what happened? I thought you were going to Michael's?" She asked, her voice full of concern as she noticed Liv's sad eyes.

She didn't say anything. Liv just walked past her quietly with her head down and that's when her mother knew something was off.

Going to her room she sinks into her bed, staring up at the ceiling as she heard a soft knock on her door.

"Can I come in, sweetie?" Her mom's sweet voice is heard from the other side of the door as she mutters a 'yes'.