First day of school

"Vi, time to wake up, it's the first day of school!" my mom said, gently shaking me awake.

I groaned, "Five more minutes, please..."

"No, you need to get up now," my mom insisted, walking out of my room.

I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed, feeling a mix of excitement and anxiety. I got dressed, and applied my makeup, and styled my hair, trying to look my best for the first day.

As I headed downstairs for breakfast, my mom greeted me with a warm smile and a plate of food. "So, the first day... that's gotta be exciting, right?" she asked.

I sighed, "I am excited, but I'm also really nervous. What if nobody likes me?"

"Oh, I'm sure they'll love you," my mom reassured me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Just be yourself, and you'll do great."

After a quick goodbye kiss on my forehead, my mom left for work, and I set off for school, my stomach in knots. I was so anxious about making a good impression and fitting in.

When I finally found my first-period class, I rushed in, a few minutes late. "Hi, I'm so sorry I'm late," I said, my voice trembling with nerves. "I couldn't find the classroom." I could feel my cheeks flushing as all eyes turned to me.

"Oh, it's alright, dear," the teacher said, giving me a warm smile. "You must be our new student."

"Why don't you introduce yourself" the teacher said smiling

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. "Okay, um... my name is Violet Miller," I said, my voice still a bit shaky.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Violet," the teacher replied. "Why don't you go sit over there, next to Phoebe?" She gestured towards a blonde girl who looked really pretty.

I nodded, my heart racing as I made my way to the empty seat. I couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated, but I tried to push down my nerves and focus on making a good impression. As I sat down, I gave Phoebe a tentative smile, hoping she might be friendly.

This was her

As I made my way to my seat I could hear the two girl sitting in front of me and the blond girl talking about me

"Oh my god look at that twig" girl 1 whispered to girl 2

"Does she even eat" girl 2 said laughing

I felt my heart sink. Their words stung, and I couldn't believe they were talking about me in such a hurtful way. I tried to push down the discomfort and embarrassment I felt, not wanting to draw any more attention to myself.

Suddenly, the blonde girl, Phoebe, spoke up, defending me. "Jessica, why do you have to be such an asshole?" she said, her voice firm.

The two girls rolled their eyes and turned around, leaving an awkward silence in their wake.