A night to remember

*1 month later*

It had been about a month since I had moved to Valley View, and I felt like I had adjusted pretty well. I had made really good friends, and Phoebe had become like my best friend now.

The whole group had decided to go to the mall together. It was me, Phoebe, Chloe, Marcus, and Colby. Chloe and Marcus had separated from the rest of us, wanting to go check out a store that the three of us weren't interested in.

As we were browsing the mall, Colby suddenly exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, Vi, look at these glasses!" He put on a pair of oversized, goofy-looking glasses, and Phoebe and I couldn't help but giggle at how silly he looked.

"They look like bug eyes!" I laughed, my eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Yeah," Phoebe chimed in, her laughter infectious as she joined in the playful moment.

Just then, Marcus called out to Colby, "Hey, Colbs, come check this out!" Colby smiled and hurried off to catch up with Marcus, leaving Phoebe and me to continue our exploration.

As we wandered through the mall, my eyes were suddenly drawn to an adorable shirt on display.

"Oh my gosh, look how cute this is!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with excitement as I showed the shirt to Phoebe. Her face lit up with a warm smile as she admired the garment.

"That is really cute," she agreed, her eyes sparkling with genuine enthusiasm. "Why can't you guys just admit you like each other all ready " she added

"Huh, what do you mean" i asked looking confused

"You know what I mean" she laughed

"Oh, Colby?... we're just friends" I said laughing

"Okay then" she smirked

Phoebe then added, "We should probably look for homecoming Dress

"You're right, I can't believe how soon homecoming is," I said, a hint of excitement and nervousness in my voice as Phoebe and I walked over to the beautiful display of homecoming dresses.

"Oh, this one is stunning!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening as I gazed at the delicate pink gown, my fingers gently tracing the intricate lace detailing.

Phoebe's face lit up with a mischievous grin. "I have to tell you something," she said, practically bouncing with anticipation.

"Hmm?" I hummed absentmindedly, still captivated by the dress.

"Someone might be asking you to homecoming soon," she revealed, her voice brimming with excitement.

My head snapped up, eyes wide with surprise. "What? Who?" I asked, my heart racing at the prospect.

Phoebe's grin only widened. "I can't say," she teased, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"You're just going to tell me that and not tell me who?" I groaned, feeling a mix of frustration and curiosity.

"Yep!" Phoebe laughed, clearly enjoying my reaction.

"You're so annoying," I groaned, though a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

Just then, Colby, Marcus, and Chloe returned, and Colby's eyes immediately landed on the dress I was admiring.