Beach date

*3 weeks later*

"Vi," someone whispered, gently shaking me from my slumber. I opened my eyes to see Colby standing beside my bed, a warm smile gracing his features.

"Colby?" I said, my voice laced with surprise and confusion. "What are you doing in my room?"

"Your mom told me you'd be up here," he replied, his tone light and playful as he laid down next to me. "She probably thought you'd be awake by now," he chuckled.

"What time is it?" I asked, still feeling the lingering effects of sleep.

"Around 9:30," Colby said, glancing at his watch.

I didn't feel like getting up just yet, so I scooted closer to Colby, craving his comforting presence. He wrapped his arms around me, and we both drifted off into a peaceful, cuddly slumber for another hour.

When we finally decided to get up, Colby said he wanted to take me on a date. I couldn't resist the opportunity, and a smile spread across my face as I agreed.

I got dressed, in my bathroom, and the. I went back to my room to do my makeup, I noticed Colby laughing at his phone, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "What's got you so smiley?" I asked in a playful tone, my curiosity piqued.

"Marcus randomly texted me the word 'red,' and then he sent another text saying he was trying to figure out how to spell it because he didn't know how to," Colby said, chuckling at his friend's antics.

"Okay, then," I responded, a hint of concern in my voice about Marcus's apparent struggle with spelling.

The group was used to these types of quirky moments from him, so we just laughed it off.

I finally finished my makeup, and Colby and I headed off on our date. He had planned a surprise, and I had no idea where we were going. When we arrived at the destination, I was delighted to see that Colby had set up a cozy picnic on the beach.

"Aw, Colby, this is adorable," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Do you recognize this place at all?" he asked, a playful smile on his face.

"No, not really," I replied, laughing.

"This was where we had our first battle," he said, a smirk on his lips.

"Oh, that's right!" I exclaimed, the memory flooding back. "I totally kicked your butt," I teased.

"Did not! I let you win," he laughed.

"Okay, whatever helps you sleep at night," I chuckled.

I chuckled "I can just imagine what our younger selves would think if they knew we'd end up together! They'd probably be completely shocked." I let out a lighthearted laugh, picturing the look of utter disbelief on our past selves' faces.

He joins in with a warm, genuine laugh of his own. "Seriously, they'd think we'd lost our minds. But you know what?" He reaches out and gently takes my hand, his eyes shining with affection. "I wouldn't have it any other way. Being with you is the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I felt my heart swell with emotion as I gaze into his eyes, a soft smile spreading across my face. "Same here, you know. There's no one else I'd rather be with." I give his hand a gentle squeeze.

"How mad do you think your parents would be if they knew you were dating a superhero?" I teased.

"I would be dead," he laughed. "But it's not really them I'm worried about," he added, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Who, then?" I asked.

"Amy... she would probably kill you," he said, his expression turning serious.

"It's not like she hasn't tried that before," I teased, trying to lighten the mood.