Colby's New Power

*2 days later*

It was finally Friday, and Phoebe and I had been eagerly anticipating our dress shopping trip for homecoming which was next Saturday. As we chatted excitedly by my locker Colby walked over to us.

"Hey you," I said, smiling as I kissed his cheek.

As the three of us were chatting, a girl from my chemistry class bumped into me.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there, twig," the girl said with a smirk.

"Excuse you," Colby said in an angry tone.

"Colby," I said, giving him a look.

"What is your problem?" I said to the girl, annoyed.

"Nothing," she said with a smirk, then she added, "say hi to your dad for me... oh wait, you can't." She said, laughing and walking away.

"I'm going to kill her," Colby said, very annoyed.

"No, just leave her," I said, glaring at Colby.

"What an asshole," Phoebe said, also annoyed.

"I'm with you on the Phoebe," Colby said, still a little angry about the girl.

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the end of the break. "We should get to class," I said, trying to change the subject.

With that, the three of us headed to class. The class was very long and boring, and I found it difficult to concentrate. When it was finally the end of the class, Phoebe and I headed to my locker to put some things in it.

As we were talking, Colby ran over to my locker and looked panicked. "Guys, we have an issue!" Colby blurted out, gripping the edge of my locker door tightly.

"What?" I asked, my heart racing with concern. "Don't tell me you actually killed that girl," I said nervously.

"I didn't," he said, rolling his eyes. "I wish I could though," he admitted.

"Colby," I said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm kidding" he said with a smirk. He then shifted into a panicked look again "I've got a new power, and I don't know how to control it!" Colby whispered frantically, his eyes darting around to ensure no one else was listening in on our conversation.

Phoebe's brow furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Without warning, Colby suddenly let go of the locker, and to our surprise, he started floating up off the ground! Phoebe and I immediately sprang into action, our eyes wide with alarm, desperately grabbing onto his arm in a frantic attempt to pull him back down.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed, my voice laced with a mixture of fear and disbelief.

"This isn't good, what do we do?" Phoebe said, her voice trembling with worry.

Colby's face twisted with a combination of fear and frustration , "I don't know, I can't make it stop!" He said annoyed

We knew we had to get Colby out of the school before someone noticed his unexpected levitation.

We managed to sneak out of the school and we headed for Colby's house, when we got there his parents were surprised to see up.

"Hey guys, we kind of have an issue here," I said, my voice laced with concern as I tried to hold Colby down, my hands gripping his arms tightly.

Colby's dad, Vic, let out an exasperated groan. "Oh great, she's here," he muttered, his brow furrowed in annoyance.

"Nice to see you too, Vic," I retorted, my tone dripping with sarcasm.