ᴛᴡᴏ シ︎

That evening, as the sun began to set, we decided to order some pizza. And let me tell you, pizza in Italy is something else – it's like a slice of heaven right here on earth. We gathered around the TV with our delicious slices and put on Disney's 'Tangled,' Amelie's all-time favorite movie. She watches it with such wonder, as if each time is the first. Her laughter and gasps at the familiar scenes never get old – it's pure joy to watch.

We tried to follow it up with 'Cars,' but ten minutes in, Amelie's eyes were drooping. The excitement of the day had finally caught up with her. I carried her to her new bedroom, tucking her in and watching her drift off to sleep, her chest rising and falling in peaceful slumber.

I headed back downstairs to join my parents, who were still engrossed in the movie. By around 9 PM, we'd finished watching, and the conversation naturally turned to our plans for the next day.

Mom was the first to suggest an idea. "How about we hit the shops tomorrow? It'll be a good way to get to know the city a bit more. Plus, we could use some new clothes and other things," she said, her voice full of excitement about exploring our new home.

Dad agreed immediately. "I think that's a great idea, love," he replied, smiling at her. I chimed in, "Yeah, let's do that. And maybe we'll find some Formula One merchandise. I've been wanting to get my hands on some for ages."

Mom laughed, teasing me, "Always talking about Formula One, huh?" I couldn't help but join in the laughter, raising my hands in surrender. "Guilty as charged, but it's Dad's fault. He's the one who got me hooked when he invited me to watch a race with him last year!"

We all laughed together, knowing it was true. Dad had been watching a Grand Prix, and I was bored out of my mind. He suggested I join him, and though I'd always thought Formula One was dull, I gave it a chance. To my surprise, I was captivated. From that day on, I was a fan, following every race, learning about the drivers and the teams, and getting caught up in the thrill of the sport.

The laughter faded, and I realized just how tired I was. I said goodnight to my parents and headed upstairs. My nightly routine felt strange in this new place – changing into pajamas, doing my skincare routine, brushing my teeth – all in a room that was mine but didn't quite feel like it yet.

Lying in bed, I stared at the ceiling, thinking about the move. I knew it would take time to adjust to living in Bologna, to make this house feel like home. It was harder than I'd expected, but as I closed my eyes, I felt a sense of peace. Tomorrow was another day, a chance to explore, to discover, and to start making this new city our own.

ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ シ︎