ғɪᴠᴇ シ︎

Amelie and Maggie's instant connection was like watching two long-lost friends reunite. Their laughter was infectious, and as they chatted away, I found myself drawn into a deep conversation with Kimi. They eventually settled at our table, their presence adding a new layer of excitement to the day.

As my parents returned with an assortment of local delicacies, my mom's eyes twinkled with curiosity. "Care to introduce us to your friends?" she asked, her voice filled with the warmth that always made strangers feel like family. I glanced at my dad, who had already put two and two together, recognizing the faces from the countless races we'd watched on TV. "Mom, Dad, this is Kimi. He's a Formula 2 driver from around here, and this is Maggie, his little sister," I introduced them, gesturing toward our new friends. Maggie gave a shy wave, and Amelie, eager to continue their conversation, dived right back in.

Kimi stood up, the epitome of politeness, and introduced himself to my parents. "It's so nice to meet both of you," my mom greeted them, her voice echoing the genuine pleasure she found in meeting new people. My dad, a racing enthusiast through and through, began to inquire about Kimi's career. Kimi, with the patience and grace of someone well-versed in the spotlight, answered each question, and we all found ourselves engrossed in a conversation that spanned a good fifteen minutes.

Time, however, has a way of slipping through our fingers when we're least expecting it. Kimi checked his watch and announced that it was time for them to leave. "What? I don't want to go yet!" Maggie protested, her voice a mix of disappointment and the stubbornness that comes with youth. "Sorry, we promised Mom and Dad we'd be home in about half an hour," Kimi explained, his tone gentle but firm. Amelie, with her heart always in the right place, tried to lift Maggie's spirits. "It's okay, Maggie, we'll definitely see each other again!" she said, her optimism infectious.

Maggie's face brightened a little, and she whispered something to Kimi in Italian. A moment later, he turned to me, asking if he could borrow my phone. I handed it to him, and he quickly typed something before handing it back with a friendly farewell.

Once they had left, my dad, still processing the day's unexpected turn of events, turned to me with a mixture of amusement and disbelief. "And how did this even happen?" he asked. I recounted the story from the beginning, and both he and my mom burst into laughter. "This is definitely a story," my mom said, her laughter mingling with mine.

As we got home I checked my phone to see if I had any new messages and to my surprise, I did.

Kimi

-------------------------------------

KIMI:

Hi Ava!

I hope you don't mind that I put my number in your phone?

ME:

Hi Kimi! It's fine, don't worry :)

KIMI:

That's good! I really liked talking to you today (and the rest of course)

ME:

I really liked talking to you guys too

KIMI:

That's good to hear

Maggie is missing Amelie already, they really hit off huh?

ME:

Yeah, same here for Amelie.

I'm surprised they did honestly.

Amelie is careful with who she chooses as friends and it takes time (normally)

But not with with Maggie apparently.

KIMI:

Maggie has the same.

Especially since she's my sister and people use her for that sometimes :(

ME:

aw, I'm sorry.

That sounds horrible, especially at being such age. :(

No one should experience something like that

KIMI:

Thanks, it means a lot for her to hear someone say that

I'm sorry but I have to go

Bye, Ava Harper

ME:

Okay! bye Andrea Kimi Antonelli

[♥️ liked by Kimi]

-------------------------------------

"Kimi seems really sweet," Amelie tells me, her voice echoing softly in the quiet of my room. I had just turned off my phone, ending my conversation with Kimi, when she walked in. The glow from the screen had barely faded, and the warmth of our chat lingered in the air.

"He is," I agree, nodding, feeling that familiar surge of happiness you get when someone else recognizes the goodness in a person. We both settle onto the bed, sitting cross-legged as we've done so many times before, creating our little circle of sisterhood.

ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ シ︎