ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ シ︎

The sun's rays, sneaking through my window, were my alarm this morning. I stretched and yawned, then shuffled downstairs where the usual morning crew—my parents and Amelie—greeted me. "Morning," I mumbled, still half-asleep as I made a beeline for the fridge to grab some milk.

While I was still waking up, my parents filled Amelie in on our plans for the day. She seemed cool with it. We all got ready in a hurry, caught the bus, and then, the highlight of the day—we picked up our brand-new car from the dealership. Dad drove us into the city, and as we cruised along, he said, "Ava, look to the right." I turned and saw a high school looming in the distance. "Is that where I'll be going?" I asked, a bit anxious. Mom reassured me it was the best English-speaking school they could find mid-year. Thankfully, I still had a week before the Easter break ended.

Amelie piped up then, "And me? Where's my school?" Dad promised we'd drive by hers later, it was closer to home. Then Mom dropped the bomb—I'd be taking the bus to school.

Great, just what I needed, a daily reminder of today's endless search for a parking spot in the city center. Once we finally parked, Mom was the first to break the silence, "It's so beautiful here," she said, and we couldn't help but agree. The city was like a living museum, each alley and square whispering stories from centuries ago.

Amelie, ever the impatient one, tugged at my sleeve, "Let's go!" she urged. I laughed and followed her lead, ready for whatever came next.

We hit a few shops and then decided to grab a bite. As Amelie and I waited for our parents, I overheard someone call out, "Kimi! Andiamo!" I glanced over and saw a girl who looked a lot like Maggie, you know, Andrea Kimi Antonelli's sister. Then Kimi himself appeared. I couldn't believe it. I mean he does live in Bologna so it isn't that weird, it's just weird for me."Isn't that the racer you're always talking about?" Amelie blurted out loud enough for the whole world to hear. I shushed her, hoping Kimi hadn't noticed.

Too late. He laughed, and I wanted to disappear. Amelie found it hilarious, laughing so hard she almost cried. I tried to hide under the table, but that only made her laugh more, and soon, it wasn't just her. I guess some days are just meant to be memorable, whether you like it or not. 

ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ シ︎