sɪx シ︎

The day after, Kimi and I exchanged many texts. He was busy, but he made time to respond when he could. I, on the other hand, was quick to reply since I didn't have sports, friends, or other engagements. This allowed us to learn much more about each other. For instance, we discovered that we both attend the same school.

I feel anxious about my first day at school. It's challenging to form new friendships, particularly in the middle of the school year when most groups have already established. It doesn't help that I often feel invisible; people hardly notice me or seem indifferent. I've struggled to make friends, unlike Amelie, who does it with ease, though she's selective. That's a luxury I don't have. Growing up, I thought I had one friend, but it turned out she wasn't genuine; she spoke ill of me behind my back and had befriended me on a dare. I haven't shared this with Kimi; it's not something he needs to know.

When I'm not engrossed in Formula One edits, sleeping, or eating, you'll find me absorbed in a book. I'm an avid reader. Currently, I'm enjoying 'Throttled' by Lauren Asher, the first of four books in the 'Dirty Air' series. I'm nearly halfway through and liking it.

In the evening, I prepared dinner: tortillas stuffed with chicken and veggies. It turned out delicious, even by my own standards. My parents and younger sister are fans too, often requesting that I cook it for them. I've asked them, "Why me? You can do it yourselves," but they insist it's just not the same unless I'm the one making it.

Later, while in bed with my glasses on, hair tied up for comfort, and reading my book, I received a text from Kimi asking if I wanted to FaceTime. I agreed, and the call started shortly after.

"Hi, I'm sorry. I look a bit rough right now," I apologized as I set up my phone. "Are you kidding? You look nice, don't worry," Kimi reassured me as he arranged his phone too. His compliment made me blush, which I tried to conceal. His attention shifted, and he inquired, "What are you reading?" I showed him the book's title up close to the camera. "I've heard of it; it's set in the Formula One world, right?" he asked. I confirmed with a nod. "And? Is it any good?" he continued. "You don't have to pretend to be interested if you're not," I said, putting my book aside. "No, I'm really interested. Do you have more books?"

We spent the rest of the FaceTime call with me showing him my book collection and answering his questions. "Do you have a list of books you want to read?" he asked. I laughed. "Yes, an endless one. I keep adding new titles even before finishing the others. It's a bad habit," I admitted. He laughed too, saying, "My bad habit is using the racing simulator when I should be studying." "If I had one, I'd do the same," I laughed, and so did he.

"Alright, I think I'm going to sleep. I'm pretty tired," I mentioned. We had been chatting for three hours, and it was now 10 p.m. "Okay, sweet dreams. Talk to you tomorrow?" he suggested. "Yes, talk to you tomorrow. Sweet dreams to you too," I replied and ended the call.

ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ シ︎