3: In The Woods

A few hours later, the group of girls were called into the office to see Melanie Carter, who looked as furious as Sadie Bloom who sat in the corner of the office in fresh new clothes and washed hair

A few hours later, the group of girls were called into the office to see Melanie Carter, who looked as furious as Sadie Bloom who sat in the corner of the office in fresh new clothes and washed hair. The four girls sat opposite her, as Melanie spoke shamefully,

"Disappointed is not even remotely close to how I feel about this." The woman lectured, "Never in my many years here at Camp, have I seen such hatred and mindless bullying. If this is what your Camp experience will look like, then I may as well send you all home now." She paused, "One at a time, would anybody care to share what happened?"

Sadie blurted out, "They splashed dirty water all over me!"

"Oh, bullshit!" Harper raised her voice, as she leaned forward from her chair, "You deserved it for being a whiny—"

"Language, Miss Dare." Melanie warned, before turning to the girl next to her, "Sadie, please explain to me what happened."

Sadie explained, "These girls weren't doing their job when I checked up on them! They began calling me names when I simply asked for them to help. Then, Jenna drowned me with her dirty water!"

Melanie looked at Jenna in concern, "Miss Davies, is this true?"

Jenna looked at Evie, who had kept her tantrum afterwards a secret from everyone else. Jenna sighed, "Yeah—"

"But Sadie deserved it, she was being horrible Jenna." Evie interrupted in frustration, "It's not fair that—"

"Enough, Evangeline." Melanie interrupted with a sigh, "I've heard quite enough." She paused, "This is your first strike... for all of you. Bullying here, at Camp Night Hawk, is strictly forbidden!"

Sadie panicked, "What, but—"

"This is all your first warning to redeem yourself. I don't want to send any of you home, but if this behaviour continues, I will have no choice." Melanie explained, "You are dismissed. Go and have fun, girls. Summer will be over before you know it."

The four girls walked outside, reflecting upon what Melanie had told them. Maddy blurted out, "Go and have fun, she said. That means... if any of you are still up to go camping..."

"She did say that we had to make the most of summer while it lasted." Evie shrugged, "There's no harm in camping, is there?"

"We could be celebrating the loss of our first strike." Harper suggested, before glancing at Jenna, "You're quiet. You aren't taking what Melanie said to heart, are you?"