7: Lonely Life

Even though Evie had only known of Alex for a couple of days, she was still brought in for questioning about him

Even though Evie had only known of Alex for a couple of days, she was still brought in for questioning about him. They asked questions about him that Evie didn't even know the answers of, which made her feel awful- maybe she could've put in effort to save him?

When Evie was allowed to leave the office, she found herself walking towards her friends next to Cabin Six. She caught a glimpse of Maddy and Elijah talking, and subtly flirting, so Evie decided to give them some space. The two had gotten close since the incident in the forest, though they kept whatever they had a secret to begin with. Antonio, Theo, Harper, and Jenna were all stood in a gathering in front of her talking about the questioning- Jenna smiled as Evie joined them.

"Did he not say anything to you?" Harper questioned curiously, "Like, about how he felt."

"I've only known him since last summer camp, we didn't speak throughout the year. Our friendship is still new." Antonio explained, "He had councillor sessions here, sometimes almost everyday- something about depression, I think. Every time I would go to the councillors office, he was in there too."

"Shit." Theo sighed, and it seemed strange to Evie to see him so out of his bubbly persona. He added, "I wish we could've done something."

Jenna nudged Evie's arm gently, her gaze motioning towards her brother in the distance. Evie left the group mid conversation, as she walked quickly over to her brother who was sitting down on a bench with Alex's sister, Silena.

Silena looked like the girl to be the nicest girl out of the popular group- she'd give someone fashion advice and stick up for them if they were getting bullied. Her vibrant coloured clothes were almost radiating across camp; Silena dressed so happily, despite how sad she looked. Evie was glad that she had befriended Luke, since the boy always had trouble in school in the past.

Luke and Silena were joined with Missy, who Evie knew was Harper's sister since they looked almost identical, except the age gap. Missy was the calmer version of Harper, but her voice was still extremely loud. Evie noticed a small bisexual badge on her denim jacket, as well as other badges too- which summed her up as a person pretty well.

"Hey, Lucas." Evie called, brushing the hair out of her face in awkwardness, as she hesitated on what to say. She looked at Silena sympathetically, which the young girl was probably sick of, "I'm, uh, sorry about your brother. Alex was a lovely person, I—"

"Thank you." Silena muttered, trying to smile but she psychically couldn't, "He is... was."

Lucas carried on with their conversation they were having before Evie arrived. He asked curiously, "But, don't you have a grandma to stay with?"