Chapter 11: Margo

As soon as the girls finished with Margo's makeup and hair, she was finally able to get a word in. "So, um, how long have you two known the bride?"

Alice gave Margo a curious look at her question. "The bride? Oh, right, the bride. We're actually closer to the groom, Darren, than the bride..." 

"The bride tends to keep to herself. Darren suggested that we get close to her and help her feel more at ease with the family." Sorina cut in as she did a final inspection of Margo's makeup.

"Impeccable, Alice, as always. Of course, it helps that our lovely Margo, here, has good bone structure as well," Margo felt her cheeks heat at the other woman's compliment. "But what's important is that you like it. What do you think, Margo? Did we do a good job?"

Sorina turned Margo and allowed her to look at herself in the mirror. She simply couldn't believe at the amazing job the two women had done for her. "Wow, you two are really talented. It looks like I've been done up by professionals."

Alice looked absolutely giddy with the compliment from Margo. "I'm so glad you like it. I've always wanted to be a makeup artist. But my family's always been so strict and won't even let me leave the country." Sorina set a comforting hand on Alice's shoulder.

"Why don't you tell us about where you're from. You're American, right?" Alice smiled at Sorina's suggestion and took a seat at the bench in front of the bed. "Would you? I would love to hear about where you're from, Margo."

It was hard to refuse when the adorable blonde gave Margo such an earnest look. She turned to the two and let out a defeated sigh.

"I don't live anywhere glamorous or anything like that. I'm from Sevierville, Tennessee. The mountains there are beautiful, but the only thing we've really got going for the town is a few tourist traps. We're not like Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg where there's a whole lot of legit attractions and theme parks. The most annoying thing about living there are all the close-minded bigots and hicks." Alice hung to every word Margo spoke about the town even though she dismissed the place as boring.

"I would love to see the mountains. The biggest thing we have in England are the cliffs that line the shores." Sorina chuckled at Alice's eagerness and took her hand. "Come on, love. You are much more adept to city life. You would be begging me to carry you after even a mile of hiking."

Margo was slowly gaging the relationship between the women as the taller one kissed the blonde's hand. "If you aren't the sporty type, I could show you Gatlinburg. They have a lot of shopping areas, and you will still be surrounded by the mountains."

Alice perked up at the invitation. "Really? Oh, I would adore that." Sorina smiled in thanks to Margo.

"We can talk more about travel plans later. Alice, we should leave her be. We still have a bit more preparations for the party tonight." The dark-haired woman helped Alice up and escorted her the door, prompting Margo to stand as well.

"Thank you so much for your help. It was really nice meeting you both. I hope to talk to you again at the party." Sorina turned to Margo and smiled. "I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to talk, even after the party." "See you later, Margo. We're so glad we got to meet you too."

With that the two women left. Margo couldn't help but admire how well the two complimented each other. She wished she could find love like that someday.