Chapter 14: Margo

Deacon led Margo to the back entrance of the sunroom and gave her a giddy expression. "Do you mind closing your eyes?" "Oh, uh, sure." She complied before the man led her inside.

"Alright, go ahead and open." Margo opened her eyes as Deacon turned the lights on in the room. She let out an audible gasp as the room was actually an art studio. 

There were shelves lined with different art supplies ranging from paints and charcoals to different types of clay and chiseling tools. There were different sized canvases to choose from, a pottery wheel and a whole shelf of sketchbooks.

"This...this is amazing. Barbie did say you supported the arts, but this..." Deacon chuckled and grazed Margo's cheek, prompting her to turn her attention towards him. "You can use this room if you'd like. Anything that strikes your fancy, I can provide for you."

"I, are you sure? You've already been so accommodating; I don't want to be a burden." Deacon cupped both sides of Margo's face gently so that they were looking in each other's eyes. "You could never be a burden to me, Margo. I want you to be happy here. So, yes, you can use everything that's in here. You can use me. All I ask in return, is allow me to care about you. Because you are a fantastic woman, Margo, and everyone but you seem to see that."

Margo could feel her heart pounding in her chest as Deacon had basically just confessed his love to her. She had absolutely no idea how to answer him though, because as much as she wanted this, she was only here for two more weeks.

Deacon moved his hands from her face down to her hands. "Margo, I can tell you're overthinking this. Please, stop thinking and just look at me. Accept me...please?" His near begging set butterflies off in Margo's gut and she took a deep breath.

"I just...don't want us to regret anything." "There's only one way to find out if we regret anything." Deacon drew the girl closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. He then leaned closer to her face to the point where their noses were touching.

"May I kiss you, Margo Hughes?" Instead of replying, she closed the distance herself, softly pressing her lips against his. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, deepening the kiss. She took in his scent, smelling a mix of a light cedarwood cologne, roses and just a bit of something metalic.

Deacon broke the kiss after a short while and stroked her cheek with his thumb. "Did you regret that?" "N-no... not in the slightest." He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Neither did I."

Before anything else could be said, fireworks began going off outside. Margo chuckled and leaned against Deacon as she watched them. "I don't know if this moment could be any more perfect." Deacon smiled hearing that and rubbed the girl's arm, holding her close as he watched the fireworks with her. "I don't think so either."

....

While the two were enjoying themselves inside the art studio, Sorina watched them from a nearby window. "He's always so impatient. Wasn't it his idea to have her fall for us first?"

Alice rested her head on Sorina's arm and smiled. "I think they're cute together. I wouldn't worry about who she falls for first. She's clearly flustered whenever you're around, dear. I just hope I can catch up with you two. I want her to like me too."

"I'm sure she will. She's just a bit shy. She clearly has the potential to be bold, though. Didn't even hesitate to kiss him first. With your sparkling personality, I'm sure she'll be more keen in opening up to you on a more personal level." Sorina cupped Alice's chin and gave her a brief kiss of encouragement. The blonde giggled and hugged Sorina's waist. "You always know how to cheer me up. Let's leave them alone for now. We'll have our chance later."

"Fine, there is something that's bothering me, though. I'm wondering when Deacon plans on telling her what we are. The little kitten has a good heart, I hope he doesn't pull something drastic that will scare her off." Sorina sighed as Alice cupped and patted her hand. "We will talk to him about it in the morning. Now, come on my dear worry wart. We'll be spotted by them if we stay too long." Sorina chuckled and followed Alice back to the party.