Transformation

The levels of stress and worry Heeseung experienced while and after Sunoo told him everything that had happened with Sunghoon could not be good for his health. He couldn’t even decide which part was worse, not being able to contact Sunghoon right away or not having been there when Sunghoon needed him. In the end, he concluded it didn’t really matter, as the worst part was definitely that Sunghoon had to go through this at all. 

To compensate for the other two issues, Heeseung stayed at their meeting spot for hours. He went straight there as soon as Sunoo finished retelling the events and what Sunghoon had told him. He couldn’t know when Sunghoon would come, but he wanted to be there as soon as he did. And so, he decided to wait, regardless of however long it would take Sunghoon. It had already been a couple of hours, though Heeseung was willing to sleep there if necessary. His priority was making sure Sunghoon was okay, and he’d do that even if it meant diving into the ocean. The only reason he hadn’t done that yet, was because he was certain Sunghoon wouldn’t appreciate it if he drowned by accident.

Sunoo had stayed with him for a little bit before leaving; Heeseung vaguely remembers him saying something about gathering some necessary stuff, but he could have heard wrong. He probably did, considering he hadn’t even noticed when the sun went down and it had become nighttime. He was so anxious, he simply couldn’t stay still, but he absolutely refused to leave his spot. Eventually, Sunoo did return. He had a backpack full of stuff, among which was a blanket Heeseung was very grateful for. It was a lot colder than he had realised. 

The moon was shining bright above the ocean and there was yet to be any sign from Sunghoon. Heeseung was serious about staying there for as long as he needed to, but Sunoo wasn’t too keen on letting him torture himself. He’d brought some food and water, but he still asked Heeseung to go back home a couple of times. Logically, Heeseung knew it’d be better, that he should sleep and look for Sunghoon the next morning. Sunghoon could survive a few hours close to the shore on his own, but Heeseung didn’t want him to be alone. So, he couldn’t leave.

At some point, he must have fallen asleep, because the next thing he knew he was being scolded awake by a very annoyed, but cute, Sunghoon.

“Do not tell me you spent the whole night here.” And Heeseung should be taking him seriously, he knew what he did was pretty reckless. But he was also half asleep and his brain could not get past how adorable Sunghoon looked with the sun barely shining in the sky. He did take him seriously once he tried to move and his entire body complained from cramping.

“I told him to go back home, but he didn’t listen,” Sunoo sighed from somewhere behind him. Had Heeseung been more awake, he’d have scoffed at him since Sunoo stayed the night there just like he had. 

“Let’s focus on the important thing here,” Heeseung dismissed them both. “Hoonie… how are you feeling? What happened?” He spoke as he moved closer to the water. He had not been that dumb to sleep down the rocks, he was not looking to kill himself anytime soon. 

“Well, uh, I got… stuff,” Sunghoon stated first, as he climbed up the rocks with some effort while holding some sort of small and brown, sealed container. He was struggling, so Heeseung went to help him. 

“So you are doing it?” Sunoo asked, not moving from his place. 

“I… I don’t know yet, it’s a lot,” Sunghoon admitted. “When I went to Wonyoung for this,” He gently waved the container in his hand, “we talked a bit… and it’s not that simple.”

“My mum said the transformation hurt like hell, but getting used to being human didn’t take that long,” Sunoo commented. “She said the hardest part—"

“Hold on a second, what do you mean getting used to being a human?” Heeseung was so surprised by Sunoo’s casual admission that he had to interrupt. “Sorry, I— go on, but we are getting back to that later.”