C H A P T E R F I V E

Did you guys see the new cover!! What do you think?!!? I changed it because I changed the cast. Now Lily Collins will be acting as Bryn. And Dylan O'Brien will be acting as Jackson, and Flynn Harry will be still acting as him. Pls check out my website http://clairedavally.weebly.com/ to find out more about me. And don't forget to fill out the survey. It will make me so happy of u did! Follow me on Twitter my username will be on the website or on my wattpad profile page. But pls use the one on my website cause the one in the profile page is the mobile version.... follow me I shall follow u back.
My website- http://clairedavally.weebly.com/

BRYN

After her chemotherapy ended, Bryn felt extremely weak and lethargic. The medicine was life-sucking which she found ironic since it was supposed to cure her. She hobbled out of the hospital with her arm wrapped around Flynn's shoulder for support.

Flynn hailed a cab for them since he didn't know how to drive and because he didn't trust Bryn to drive them in her weakened state. Throughout their entire ride, he held her hand lightly yet reassuringly to indicate that he was there for her.

In the cab she thought about Flynn's whereabouts.

Is he drinking himself into oblivion? What if he's doing drugs now after what happened? What if he works for a gang and got killed during some operation? What if he ran into some psychopath that attacked him? Is he even alive? She thought, biting her lip so hard it drew blood. She looked at Flynn and looked into his eyes. Flynn's green eyes soon was filled with anger as if he knew what she was thinking about.

"Look at me." Flynn whispered, but there was rage so dark and oppressive behind his words that he sounded infinitely more threatening than if he had screamed. His words forced her gaze to lock onto his and instantly, she regretted it.

Flynn took a steadying breath before continuing. "I've seen so much darkness in this world, the likes of which your mind couldn't even begin to process. I've seen little girls get raped in broad daylight by despicable men. I've seen babies drugged with heroine and cocaine until they died. I've seen so much, Bryn, and I am so terrified of everything and everyone around me. I live in perpetual fear from the things that I've seen, I don't feel physical attraction. That's my euphemistic way for saying that I can't love because no one has ever loved me and I've never seen love. All that I've seen is misery." He rambled, his voice cracking occasionally but for the most part, it remained steady.

"Flynn, I didn't know." Bryn whispered pleadingly.

Then Flynn quieted and a strange look appeared in his eyes. "Why am I still here? Why shouldn't I just kill myself and escape?" He whispered to himself, but Bryn heard him.

"Death is not an escape, Flynn." She said slowly, trying to reign him in.

"You don't know anything about me. Stop trying to sympathize because you can't and I don't want you to." He spat back and Bryn recoiled.

"I might not know anything about you, but taking your life isn't the answer." Bryn said.

"Then what is?" He responded flatly, and Bryn wracked her brain.

After a while, she answered, "I-I don't know."

"Thought so." Flynn fired back, his back to her now.

Suddenly, he appeared to age before Bryn's very eyes and he sagged with weariness, but Bryn righted him. "I am sorry for what I did to you, but I did not know about any of this." Bryn pleaded and Flynn looked up at her.

"What will you do?" He asked softly.

"I'll stay and help you through this. I might not fix things, but I can definitely make things easier for you. I can promise that much." She replied instantly and Flynn managed a small smile.

He studied her for a little while longer before he spoke. "You're interesting Bryn Howard, maybe just enough to keep around." He said with a small smile and Bryn didn't even attempt to stop the grin blossoming across her face.

In that moment, things were back to equilibrium, and she realized that Flynn McLean needed to complete their list just as badly as she did.

"On Monday, I'm thinking of skipping school. You up for it, Seashell hair?" Bryn asked.

With a truly genuine smile, his first in two weeks, he responded. "Oh most definitely, Gwen Stacy."

**************
Author's Note
Hey I think this is the shortest chapter I ever write in dis story. This chapter reveals a lot about Flynn. I rewrote it again and again because I wanted to find a way to describe his past. I think this is the best I could do... Pls vote and comment what u think!!
Check out my website- http://clairedavally.weebly.com/
-Claire
P.S- Musical_JJ you are so awesome!!!!! Thank u for voting and commenting I really enjoyed reading ur comments. And sorry for the mistakes- Claire